AMP/DAC repair questions

Pedrofranken

Hi guys!

This swedish fellow bought a rebranded version of the Monoprice AMP/DAC about a year ago (http://www.tradera.com/item/120305/237288538/horlursforstarkare-med-dac-20hz-20khz-16-600ohm-usb-rca-6-3mm-sv).

When I got it home i noticed that there was only audio coming from my left can, I thought that my earphones was broken, but it turns out that it was the AMP/DAC.

I talked to the company that sold it to me and they sent a new one, but they didn't want the faulty one back.

So one year later: I want to fix the broken one. I started my teardown and immediately saw the problem (I think?), the right channel connector was broken. By the looks of it, it's attached to this plastic holder.

Do you guys know if I can find this part and resolder it?

post-95618-0-75474100-1443569173_thumb.j

post-95618-0-92684700-1443569175_thumb.j

post-95618-0-11227000-1443569183_thumb.j

post-95618-0-38943000-1443569189_thumb.j

post-95618-0-59941800-1443569293_thumb.j

Sure, if you can find a compatible part it's just a matter of resoldering it. Probably too much to hope that the pinout of a Neutrik would fit in there.

Sure, if you can find a compatible part it's just a matter of resoldering it. Probably too much to hope that the pinout of a Neutrik would fit in there.

Yes! And that is where this forum comes to hand!

Do anyone know where or if I can buy this as a spare part?

Desolder the jack socket and see if there's a brand or even model number on it somewhere. Do you have the brand of the whole unit as well?

Eeh, by gum.

ThrustJetViperPowerMustang: FX-6100 @4.4GHz (Stock Cooler) / 4x4GB Hyperam @ 1333MHz / OCZ Octane 250GB SSD / Asus HD6670 2GDDR3 / Asus M5A78LM-USB3

Eeh, by gum.

ThrustJetViperPowerMustang: FX-6100 @4.4GHz (Stock Cooler) / 4x4GB Hyperam @ 1333MHz / OCZ Octane 250GB SSD / Asus HD6670 2GDDR3 / Asus M5A78LM-USB3

Have a look at this, and see what you think...

That looks about it! I'm gonna remove the one that's on the PCB right now, compare it and also look if there's any model on it!

Thanks for the help! :)

Glad I could be of use. I wouldn't worry too much about the deposit on the bottom of the board, it looks very much like flux deposits left behind from manufacturing, very common to see on mass produced boards.

Eeh, by gum.

Looks like some moisture damage on the PCB too, or something else out of the norm.

Glad I could be of use. I wouldn't worry too much about the deposit on the bottom of the board, it looks very much like flux deposits left behind from manufacturing, very common to see on mass produced boards.

What ColonelPanic said :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks! :)

So, an update for my "project"!

Me and my dad removed the old headphone-jack and then soldered the new one onto the PCB, but the issue still remains..

Any thoughts?