Need help with budget pc

htoby
Go to solution Solved by Moondrelor,
Personally this was a set up I was thinking about doing for a guest computer.

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: Team Elite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Antec ISK600 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($48.99 @ NCIX US) 

Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ NCIX US) 

Monitor: Asus VS228T-P 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($96.99 @ NCIX US) 

Total: $549.79

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-29 08:29 EDT-0400

Hey,

I need help trying to find parts for my first build. I would like to sort of follow Linus' ultimate value build but it is slightly out of reach in terms of my budget. I would like to make it be able to run GTA V at 40fps+ on ultra high or medium at 1080p (I'm not very experienced so tell me if I'm aiming too high). 

I would like to spend no more than $700 but I can go slightly beyond but not past $800 (including OS).

Preferably I would like to have:

Graphics- GTX 750ti (yet to choose brand, happy to receive recommendations)

CPU- Pentium G3258

RAM- 8Gb (any type or brand) 

Case- Should be able to get a free mid tower from a friend

Drive- Preferably a 240gb SSD (no less) or a 1tb WD green

Motherboard- Need help!

PSU- Need help! (about 400w, I think)

I am completely open to recommendations, if you have to change each and every part that I have said, go for it. Also if you see any obvious bottle necking between components please tell me. This is my first post and I have almost no experienced these forums so if this is in the wrong spot or something else is wrong please tell me.

Thanks in advance ;P 

You're aiming WAY to high. 

Interestingly, I found this video of a guy with a similar set up and he lists the specs in the description.

Ill throw something together, give me a few minutes :)

Current Build

Spoiler
CPU: AMD Phenom II Black Edition, X4 965 <I> RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB <I> GPU: GTX 760 (MSI) <I> Storage: WD Blue 500GB

Planned Build (Blitz)

Spoiler
CPU: FX6300 X6 3.5GHz <I> RAM: Cruicial Ballistix 8GB + Hyper X Fury (White) 8GB <I> GPU: GTX 960 (MSI) <I> Storage: Kingston SSDNow 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB + WD Blue 500GB <I> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 550w <I> MOBO: Gigabyte GA 970A  

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tDztD3

AMD CPUs are cheaper than intel cpus and really dont change a lot. Plus AMD need a bit of help getting back on their feet so no harm done :P Not only that but you get a 6 core CPU at 3.5 ghz for just under half trhe price of a 4 core at 3.1 GHz, good for CPU heavy tasks and games.

The motherboard goes with the colour scheme (red and black) and fits the CPU socket. Plus it's MSI so you get the "military grade" components, useful for slight OCing.

Corsair Vengence pro 8gb to go with the colour scheme and give a bit of buffer room for tasks. Ive never used more that 5gb at a time in RAM and i have 8GB available. 

MSI GTX 960 to get a decent video card, triple monitor display no problem, and almost any game can be played (save a few ridiculou

s ones) 

semi modular PSU in case you want to fiddle with cables, saves money while keeping the molecularity bonus.

The storage can be replaced with someone more to your liking if you want but its cheap and will get the job done for a first time build.

and Windows 8.1 becaus eits a good OS, better than windows 10, but if you really wanted to you get the free windows 10 upgrade (i think?) with any version of windows above 7, so why waste $100 on a new version of 10? 

Over all you have $85 spare which you could spend on software of changing a few bits and bobs (like the storage). Hope you like it :)

~FAIL

Current Build

Spoiler
CPU: AMD Phenom II Black Edition, X4 965 <I> RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB <I> GPU: GTX 760 (MSI) <I> Storage: WD Blue 500GB

Planned Build (Blitz)

Spoiler
CPU: FX6300 X6 3.5GHz <I> RAM: Cruicial Ballistix 8GB + Hyper X Fury (White) 8GB <I> GPU: GTX 960 (MSI) <I> Storage: Kingston SSDNow 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB + WD Blue 500GB <I> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 550w <I> MOBO: Gigabyte GA 970A  

how about you save yourself a 100 dollars by buying a 10$ win 8.1 key from reddit and free upgrading it to w10

how about you save yourself a 100 dollars by buying a 10$ win 8.1 key from reddit and free upgrading it to w10

I can list so many reason why NOT to do that, heres a few:

Phishing

Viruses

Fake versions

Malware

Spyware

Ransomware

Rootkits

The developers of legit software get no money

These websites that supply the codes could have anything hidden in their HTML code, use legitimate methods of acquiring software or risk destroying your entire system. 

Current Build

Spoiler

Planned Build (Blitz)

Spoiler

Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions,

Firstly, most of the suggestions that people gave me for specific products were great but the f***ing Australian dollar is so bad that everything that all of you suggested me is 25-35% more expensive for me. ;( 

I did some internet scouting and I think that I might just be able to use Linus' exact tutorial except for the graphics which I'll use gtx 750ti. I think I may just have to keep a very keen eye out for sales.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Phishing

Viruses

Fake versions

Malware

Spyware

Ransomware

Rootkits

These websites that supply the codes could have anything hidden in their HTML code, use legitimate methods of acquiring software or risk destroying your entire system. 

its a dude on reddit selling windows keys not some shady ass website...

Phishing

Viruses

Fake versions

Malware

Spyware

Ransomware

Rootkits

if i was on a budget, i'd do it anyway. yes, you're taking a risk, but there's been a lot of people who have done this and are happy. it's not like your using windows loader and potentially opening up your system to a backdoor

BigDay

this should work very well. use that case that your friend is giving you. buy windows off of g2a. get an ssd later on.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($165.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-GAMING 3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $782.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-29 08:04 EDT-0400

BigDay

This works for me. Even with the Aus dollar it is just under my budget!

I probably should have said in my original post my budget in american dollars. 

Thanks everyone for your help.  ;)

This works for me. Even with the Aus dollar it is just under my budget!

I probably should have said in my original post my budget in american dollars. 

Thanks everyone for your help.  ;)

If you get this build please take pictures and blog your build! I'd like to see this setup in action because I'll be doing this one as well. Please keep in touch with me :D

If you get this build please take pictures and blog your build! I'd like to see this setup in action because I'll be doing this one as well. Please keep in touch with me :D

Probably won't be building it for another 9-12 months because I need to make a little bit of moneys before I'll have enough to make it.  -_-

Probably won't be building it for another 9-12 months because I need to make a little bit of moneys before I'll have enough to make it.  -_-

Oooohhh come on. It's like, 2 weeks of work on a minimum wage job to pay for that.

Oooohhh come on. It's like, 2 weeks of work on a minimum wage job to pay for that.

I know but I'm kinda 13... I am getting a job next year so I should be able to get enough in about a year.