These CPU's Compared?

I'm wondering what the difference between the following CPU's is in terms of game performance:

i7 3770k

i7 4790k

i7 5820k

i7 6700k

I'm asking this because I'm considering upgrading my CPU from an i7 3770k to one of these (I am putting in an EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked ACX 2.0 next week).

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

They all will make no difference whatsoever.

Lemme put it this way, a Core i5 will get you the same frames-per-second as an 18-core Xeon, so you won't be gaining anything.

I'm wondering what the difference between the following CPU's is in terms of game performance:

i7 3770k

i7 4790k

i7 5820k

i7 6700k

I'm asking this because I'm considering upgrading my CPU from an i7 3770k to one of these (I am putting in an EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked ACX 2.0 next week).

You fucking idiot, why would you trade the best cpu on sandy bridge for newfag stuff

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

6700k is the best for gaming I think, however saying that it depends on the games that you're playing, some games are really CPU bound whereas some are really GPU bound, what titles do you intend on playing? I have an i5 3570 and it's just fine for me. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I think that the i7 3770K is fast enough for your 980 Ti.  Do yourself a favor and save that money needed to upgrade.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

not much, probably just like 3-5 fps for every generation, I think.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, GPU: MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G, Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 24GB 1600, Mobo: MSI Z97A GAMING 6, HDD: WD Green 3TB, PSU: Corsair RM650

HP ENVY dv7-7200, CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM, GPU: GeForce GT 650M, HDD: Toshiba 500GB 7200rpm, RAM: Generic 16GB DDR3-1600

Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13" Early 2015, CPU: Intel Core i5-5257U, GPU: Integrated Iris Graphics 6100, SSD: 256gb PCIe Apple SSD, RAM: Onboard 8gb DDR3-1866

6700k is the best for gaming I think, however saying that it depends on the games that you're playing, some games are really CPU bound whereas some are really GPU bound, what titles do you intend on playing? I have an i5 3570 and it's just fine for me. 

Witcher 3, Ultra Modded Skyrim, and Total War. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

You fucking idiot, why would you trade the best cpu on sandy bridge for newfag stuff

Is my current CPU really that good? Even at stock? 

i7 3770k

i7 4790k

i7 5820k

i7 6700k

you shouldnt need to upgrade your cpu, thats a pretty good one

Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: i7 4790k || Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO || GPU: GTX 770 || Mobo: Z97 PC Mate || Storage: 240GB Sandisk Extreme Pro || RAM: 4x4GB 1333mHz

not much, probably just like 3-5 fps for every generation, I think.

more like 0.1fps

yes

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

In this the 6700k is much better in terms of gaming performance vs the 5820k but the 5820k is more for workstation builds. I would just save your money with the current CPU you have, and get something nice like a new monitor or a new peripheral. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

YES. Sandy bridge is one of the best architectures intel has EVER made.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Yes. Your graphics card manages all the framerate stuff, so provided that you have a GOOD processor, you won't get any framerate increase if you try upgrading your processor.

It's just a common misconception that upgrading your CPU, RAM, motherboard, etc etc get you '5-10 extra frames', it's complete nonsense.

the 5820k isnt made for gaming the 6770k and the 4790k will rip it apart in games. But for video editing etc the 5820k is much better because of the cores and hyperthreading

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

4790K is actually the better option as it has better single core performance and a higher stock clock despite costing around 30 USD more.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

4790K is actually the better option as it has better single core performance and a higher stock clock despite costing around 30 USD more.

ive seen 6700k beating the 4790k in fps . But the 4790k is better for the dollar

DDR3 is a lot cheaper isn't it too? so it's probably cheaper going with the 4790k, not that he should upgrade tbh. 

ive seen 6700k beating the 4790k in fps . But the 4790k is better for the dollar

Where'd you see that? That's impossible unless the specs were different or they were OCing unfairly.

EDIT: NVM. I thought you said 6600K... I was comparing the 6600K with the 4790K. The i7 would totally trump it.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

I get 60fps min with my i5 4460 w/ a r9 380. Is Witcher 3 that CPU bound?

My Build: cpu: i7-12700k motherboard: Asus Strix Gaming D4 Wifi ram: G.Skill 64gb (4x16gb) 4000mhz @ 1.45v case: O11D XL gpu: MSI Gaming Trio 4090 storage: 3x Crucial 1tb Nvme SSDs display: Samsung LC34G55TWWNXZA keyboard: Logitech G915 mouse: Logitech Superlight headset: astro a40 tr

Where'd you see that? That's impossible unless the specs were different or they were OCing unfairly.

EDIT: NVM. I thought you said 6600K... I was comparing the 6600K with the 4790K. The i7 would totally trump it.

here ya go

DDR3 is a lot cheaper isn't it too? so it's probably cheaper going with the 4790k, not that he should upgrade tbh. 

Yep. Honestly, the only reason to go with Skylake is if you really want a secure upgrade path, though, it'd make more sense just to go with Haswell Refresh since it's still not that old.

I get 60fps min with my i5 4460 w/ a r9 380. Is Witcher 3 that CPU bound?

I'm not sure as I haven't put my 980 Ti in yet, waiting for it to arrive between Wednesday and Friday next week =X

here ya go

1. Read the edit.

2. There's no video.

1. Read the edit.

2. There's no video.

read the edit 

here ya go. I hope?