Help on my pc build

BlackScreen
Go to solution Solved by onevoicewild,

Focus on why your buying a certain part. Some parts cost more than something that may do the job just as well, but we also like nice things in our systems. I'll use Ram as an example. You can find ram that is as fast or faster than the Dominator, but If you like the Corsair ram and can afford it then it's up to you whether it is worth it to you. I'm sponsored by corsair and they sent me a 1200i - heck ya I like it but an AX860i would do the job for me and you for what we are doing. People started buying humongous power supplies as a status symbol, but most system don't need anything near that power level. Personally I would stick with the processor and mother board. The previous advice is good if you want to get the most bang for the buck, But it's always nice to have the current top of the line if you can afford it. Build it like you want it! We all have are own personal vision of our dream system.

Specs:

CPU- intel core i7 4770k
GFX- msi geforce gtx 770 lightning
RAM- 16 GB corsair dominator platinum 1866 Mhz
MB- msi z87 mpower max
SSD- 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro
HDD- Western digital 3TB
PSU- corsair ax1200i
Cooler- Be quiet dark rock pro 2
Case- Bitfenix colossus venom
OS- Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit

Should i change something?

Specs:

CPU- intel core i7 4770k

GFX- msi geforce gtx 770 lightning

RAM- 16 GB corsair dominator platinum 1866 Mhz

MB- msi z87 mpower max

SSD- 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro

HDD- Western digital 3TB

PSU- corsair ax1200i

Cooler- Be quiet dark rock pro 2

Case- Bitfenix colossus venom

OS- Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit

Should i change something?

This should be in new builds and planning. Your PSU is waaay overkill. Get something around 800 Watts. And you'll be fine even if you decide to SLI

What is this PC for?

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Is this editing or gaming? It looks like its for editing

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

What's this build going to be used for? What's your budget/currency? Please read this: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-reccomendations-please-read-before-posting/

Platinums are a waste of money.Ram is ram. Brand does not affect performance--specs do.

I don't see a need for the mpower mobo, a much cheaper z87 mobo would do the job just fine.

Don't put ssds in raid 0. Ssds in raid 0 only benefit in sequential read/write speeds but what makes an ssd feel fast is the random read speed and the memory controller. Because of this, a raid 0 array may end up actually slower than a single ssd as well as having a higher chance of failure.

Please specify what hdd yo chose.

The psu is overkill. A 750w bronze is already plenty for a 770 sli.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

This should be in new builds and planning. Your PSU is waaay overkill. Get something around 800 Watts. And you'll be fine even if you decide to SLI

What is this PC for?

Mainly for gaming

Mainly for gaming

change to 8gb 1600mhz ram (get the cheapest you can find) a 4670k and don't bother with the pro just get the regular 840 and as others have said the psu is way overkill and change the mobo to something like a gd65 what resolution do you game at by the way.

just realised everything I said had already been said

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

What's this build going to be used for? What's your budget/currency? Please read this: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-reccomendations-please-read-before-posting/

Platinums are a waste of money.Ram is ram. Brand does not affect performance--specs do.

I don't see a need for the mpower mobo, a much cheaper z87 mobo would do the job just fine.

Don't put ssds in raid 0. Ssds in raid 0 only benefit in sequential read/write speeds but what makes an ssd feel fast is the random read speed and the memory controller. Because of this, a raid 0 array may end up actually slower than a single ssd as well as having a higher chance of failure.

Please specify what hdd yo chose.

The psu is overkill. A 750w bronze is already plenty for a 770 sli.

Its going to be used mainly for gaming the budget its around 2000$ no need for peripherals or a monitor and the hdd is a western digital 3tb 3.5 black 7200 rpm sata 3 64 mb

change to 8gb 1600mhz ram (get the cheapest you can find) a 4670k and don't bother with the pro just get the regular 840 and as others have said the psu is way overkill, what resolution do you game at,

At 1920x1080 planning on a upgrade later on

Could you hold out until 9000 series? It would probably be worth the wait

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

Could you hold out until 9000 series? It would probably be worth the wait

Ye

Focus on why your buying a certain part. Some parts cost more than something that may do the job just as well, but we also like nice things in our systems. I'll use Ram as an example. You can find ram that is as fast or faster than the Dominator, but If you like the Corsair ram and can afford it then it's up to you whether it is worth it to you. I'm sponsored by corsair and they sent me a 1200i - heck ya I like it but an AX860i would do the job for me and you for what we are doing. People started buying humongous power supplies as a status symbol, but most system don't need anything near that power level. Personally I would stick with the processor and mother board. The previous advice is good if you want to get the most bang for the buck, But it's always nice to have the current top of the line if you can afford it. Build it like you want it! We all have are own personal vision of our dream system.

If this build is for gaming?.......replace psu with ax860i

replace 4770k with 4670k

get rid of 8gb of RAM

And with the money I just saved you........you can upgrade your 770 to a 780

and upgrade to Windows 7 Pro Edition

Also, if you are dead set on air cooling? Noctua nh-d14 or

Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E

If u plan on upgrading to 2 gpus,corsair 860i or just one u only need a corsair 760i.The best psu for the money in my opinion.1200 watts is for 3 cards and overclocking.