[Completed] Project Insidious - Define R5 White / Z170 Krait / 6600K / GTX 980 Ti HOF

Micdeez
11 hours ago, wcreek said:

I'm sort of speechless at how gorgeous that is... 

Thank you, that means a lot!

10 hours ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

I see you took my suggestion for the mounting plate between the reservoir and pump. 

Ah yes you did thanks for the tip. I wasn't prepared to buy the whole D5 kit, but BP direct sold just the plate so I was sold :)

8 hours ago, Micdeez said:

Thank you, that means a lot!

Ah yes you did thanks for the tip. I wasn't prepared to buy the whole D5 kit, but BP direct sold just the plate so I was sold :)

Always happy to help a fellow Define R5 user that is watercooling their system. 

45 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Always happy to help a fellow Define R5 user that is watercooling their system. 

What temps are you getting from your R5?

I need to download Corsair Link as all of my fans and temp probe for the coolant are linked from that.

6 minutes ago, Micdeez said:

What temps are you getting from your R5?

I need to download Corsair Link as all of my fans and temp probe for the coolant are linked from that.

Ambient Temperature of the room: 22.7C Currently

CPU: 

Idle: 31-28-21-20 (Celsius) ...Don't even ask how two of the CPU core is giving me sub-ambient temperature...it shouldn't be possible. 

Load: Between low 50 to mid 60. (Depends on the load)

GPU:

Idle: 25C

Load: Never above 45C

All of my fans are attached to one Swiftech 8-way PWM Splitter which is connected to the CPU fan header.

The NF-F12 are running with the Low Noise Adapter causing it to spend slower while the A14 is running whatever the motherboard tells it to run therefore allowing for positive air pressure. 

19 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Ambient Temperature of the room: 22.7C Currently

CPU: 

Idle: 31-28-21-20 (Celsius) ...Don't even ask how two of the CPU core is giving me sub-ambient temperature...it shouldn't be possible. 

Load: Between low 50 to mid 60. (Depends on the load)

GPU:

Idle: 25C

Load: Never above 45C

All of my fans are attached to one Swiftech 8-way PWM Splitter which is connected to the CPU fan header.

The NF-F12 are running with the Low Noise Adapter causing it to spend slower while the A14 is running whatever the motherboard tells it to run therefore allowing for positive air pressure. 

Thanks a lot, it at least gives me a reference point since we have the same case. I'll check out your rig again to see how yours is set up. 

Don't be silly, yours is just as clean! I think you have better rads, but I guess jury's out on the EK's once I test the temps. 

2 hours ago, Micdeez said:

Don't be silly, yours is just as clean! I think you have better rads, but I guess jury's out on the EK's once I test the temps. 

Well to be fair....I am still questioning how my loop has such low temps...

Before I got my Full Nickel Block, changing out the fluid to EK's UV Blue from Mayhems, and adding an additional fan to the 280 rad, and when I was using my Copper Acetal Block, my CPU idle temps would be at mid 40, with load it would be high 60ish getting close to 70. As for the GPU..the max temp was 51....

And also, it isn't all about rad, the fans you put on the rads determines the temperatures as well. 

What benchmarks do you guys recommend for stress-testing the CPU and GPU and general performance numbers?

7 minutes ago, Micdeez said:

What benchmarks do you guys recommend for stress-testing the CPU and GPU and general performance numbers?

Firestrike definitely! Cinebench, Unigine heaven.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Stock CPU and GPU - 1st benchmark.

Going by some other results with reviewers, it seems the score is on par for a 980 Ti so happy with that.

I would need to start reading up on OC's now, keen to see how much I can push the CPU and GPU.

2xGOP5p.png

Here are my initial temps as per Corsair Link.

Probably best to test again when I get the air-con running, its 29.5c outside and quite warm upstairs.

I need to up those fan speeds too; the machine is mighty quiet though I must admit.

vDjPRn5.png

• 2 weeks later...

I can't even begin to wrap my head around how gorgeous this build is. It's truly phenomenal. I've been trying to put together a cheap little black and white build, and this has given me so much inspiration. 

This is the kind of build I aspire to achieve when I get out of college. 

Also, quick question: I'm looking for amazing white LEDs for my build, and yours are absolutely beautiful. Where could I get them? I know they're DarkSide, but could you tell me exactly where you got them from?

Again, beautiful build! I can't wait to make something like this.

THE EYRIE (Budget Build):

CPU: AMD FX-6350     GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280 Dual-X MOBO: Gigabyte GA-78MLT-USB3

RAM: 4 x 4GB Corsair (16GB Total) HDD: 2 x 500GB WDC 6MB/s SSD: None yet

PSU: Corsair 650X CASE: ULTRA Defender

4 hours ago, j3dington said:

I can't even begin to wrap my head around how gorgeous this build is. It's truly phenomenal. I've been trying to put together a cheap little black and white build, and this has given me so much inspiration. 

This is the kind of build I aspire to achieve when I get out of college. 

Also, quick question: I'm looking for amazing white LEDs for my build, and yours are absolutely beautiful. Where could I get them? I know they're DarkSide, but could you tell me exactly where you got them from?

Again, beautiful build! I can't wait to make something like this.

Thanks mate, kind words. 

I bought them from Performance PC's. I think you can also get them from DazMode too. They are the dimmable White LED version 12". They are very bright!! But good quality. 

Good of luck with your black/white build. Be sure to post it here :)

I most certainly will post it!

And thank you! I hope to see more from you in the future!

THE EYRIE (Budget Build):

CPU: AMD FX-6350     GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280 Dual-X MOBO: Gigabyte GA-78MLT-USB3

RAM: 4 x 4GB Corsair (16GB Total) HDD: 2 x 500GB WDC 6MB/s SSD: None yet

PSU: Corsair 650X CASE: ULTRA Defender

How well would this go if I did something like this but in a black case?

21 hours ago, TravisB said:

How well would this go if I did something like this but in a black case?

I think it would be fine mate!

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/27/2015 at 1:03 PM, Micdeez said:

-SNIP-

Where did you get the custom water cooling gpu backplates from?