USS Enterprise-D in Unreal Engine 4 (Virtual Tour)

UPDATE: The video was taken down due to a CBS copyright claim, and the website now simply says "stay tuned"

From the youtube description:

"Take a short walk through a few decks of Star Trek's USS Enterprise from ST: The Next Generation. The ship is being created in the Unreal Engine, and is Oculus Rift ready!"

[my notes: go from the main shuttlebay on deck 4 upwards, including things not featured on the show, such as 2-forward, but can be found in the technical blueprints created by Rick Sternbach]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=uK9ijZeHWjI

It appears that this is the result of one man's labour and the website can be found at http://www.enterprise3dproject.com/. He's raising money via patreon and kickstarter to try and get this finished.

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2363815&ty=h?target=blank

Kickstarter: [no link as of writing]

For disclosure, I'm not affiliated in anyway, just enough of a massive star trek fan that I'm not ashamed to say I teared up a little watching that, and felt it would be something others may be interested in knowing about.

Regards,

ise

Edited by ise

Star Trek: TNG best Star Trek

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

This could be amazing for a game based on exploration in VR. Would pay. I mean its amazing anyway but I'd love to see it expand into a proper Trek game that isn't just a money grabbing Roddenberry grave turning hole like STO is. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

This could be amazing for a game based on exploration in VR. Would pay. I mean its amazing anyway but I'd love to see it expand into a proper Trek game that isn't just a money grabbing Roddenberry grave turning hole like STO is. 

Could not agree more...

Could not agree more...

Take the Titan novels, use this as a basis and go nuts. It'd be really awesome.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Star Trek: TNG best Star Trek

TNG was good. But Deep Space Nine... Oh that was the best.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

TNG was good. But Deep Space Nine... Oh that was the best.

never enjoyed DS9, they just sit around having a drink, or a big virus break out or some holo deck nonesense

The acting and filming and stuff was great, and some of the episodes stories and characters were fantastic but I just found it the most boring

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

TNG and DS9 are kind of two sides of the same coin. One that shows the possibilities of a peaceful and hopeful future and the other shows what happens when those who are meant to preserve that future fail. Peace vs war etc etc in the context of a Utopian civilisation.
At least thats how I think about the two...

Y'all should read the 'Destiny' series of novels and all those that follow. Really fantastic proper Trek. Oh and Vanguard, thats been great so far. 

Cheese monger.

For anyone still interested, it appears that the video has been taken offline due to a copyright claim by CBS. The website also changed to say "stay tuned". Maybe CBS decided they wanted to make this a real thing and profit?

For anyone still interested, it appears that the video has been taken offline due to a copyright claim by CBS. The website also changed to say "stay tuned". Maybe CBS decided they wanted to make this a real thing and profit?

Feel that pain. Been DMCA'd on shapeways soooo many times by them.

Cheese monger.

Feel that pain. Been DMCA'd on shapeways soooo many times by them.

orly? For trek related content?

orly? For trek related content?

Yup. Despite making the models from scratch and presumably very differently to their originals.. I mean I understand that its their IP, I sort of just hate that they refuse to do anything with it. A markets a market I guess. 

Cheese monger.

Yup. Despite making the models from scratch and presumably very differently to their originals.. I mean I understand that its their IP, I sort of just hate that they refuse to do anything with it. A markets a market I guess. 

Never got this with Paramount :(