Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 - backspace issues

Go to solution Solved by bradscoolio,

Sounds like a firmware issue... just like every other razer keyboard.

Update them from razers site: http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=364&pcid=247&nav=0,77,241,247

The link was pretty hidden :P

GL

hey guys

I've now got my Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 keyboard for some time, and it happened now two times that my backspace-key is just SPAMMING which makes every desktop-usage impossible. 

After a restart the problem is gone.. I've NO freakin idea how this can happen. The key isnt stuck or something like that, I can hammer it 100 times, it just keeps spamming the backspace key.

Thats pretty lame for a keyboard that costs that much.. Had any one had this problem before? Could it be something different than the keyboard?

thanks for you answers

It's probably a faulty switch --> RMA

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

hey guys

I've now got my Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 keyboard for some time, and it happened now two times that my backspace-key is just SPAMMING which makes every desktop-usage impossible. 

After a restart the problem is gone.. I've NO freakin idea how this can happen. The key isnt stuck or something like that, I can hammer it 100 times, it just keeps spamming the backspace key.

Thats pretty lame for a keyboard that costs that much.. Had any one had this problem before? Could it be something different than the keyboard?

thanks for you answers

Just unplug it and plug it back in (fixes it). I think its a shitty driver issue.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Happens with my 2012 with the "e" key. I just restart my pc i thought its because i like hit the "e" key when I logged in. sorry for thread jacking. But i wouldn't worry about the issue its just slightly annoying.

Update them from razers site: http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=364&pcid=247&nav=0,77,241,247

GL

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Thanks for all your answers! 

I won't RMA it.. it happened not enough that I would consider it...

GL

thanks! Kinda stupid that I forgot to check the firmware-tab.. In the changelog they say it should fix key-repeat issues. Thanks

Thanks for all your answers! 

I won't RMA it.. it happened not enough that I would consider it...

thanks! Kinda stupid that I forgot to check the firmware-tab.. In the changelog they say it should fix key-repeat issues. Thanks

If it fixes your problem then don't forget to mark as sloved ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

If it fixes your problem then don't forget to mark as sloved ;)

As it only happens about once a month I cant really prove that it works. But in this case I trust the changelog so i'll just mark it as solved