Blank screen and no beeps

JohnL

I followed instructions on main thread for no beeps and blank screen. But i still just have a blank screen and no beeps. the fans are spinning on cpu, case and gpu

My system is following http://pcpartpicker.com/p/d4gynQ expect i don't have my 970 yet and using my old pny gtx 260. BIOS should be 2.0 or that number on the spi chips

I've tried reseating everything from ram, cpu, and video card. i currently removed system from my case and put it on motherboard box that it came in thinking maybe it was shorting on something. I've also unplug all unnecessary items that are needed to get to bios(aka all ssd, hdd, bluray, and wifi pci card) all i have is basics ram, cpu, power, video card, usb keyboard, and monitor. I've also tried going down to one dimm and tried each of the four sticks. I've tried clearing the cmos multi times. I've moved gpu to other pcie slot( manual specific says pcie slot 1 for single). i know gpu works cause i tried it again on my old system. I have both 24 pin and 8 pin power plug in. There is a additional power for pcie for 3 way sli, I did try power and not powering it.

I did plug in my desktop speakers into green port on motherboard(not sure if i can get beeps from that) cause i dont have debug speaker that you can plug into the board. Does that work? I saw there is a com port on mother board will it print out serial posting if i hook up to it from my laptop? there no post code display on this motherboard.

A friend mention maybe trying another video card, so he going to lend me his old one tomorrow.

Any ideas is greatly appropriated at a lost and hoping its not doa rather not wait to rma.

~snip~

Hey there JohnL,

I'd still try running the computer without the GPU. Even if it's working properly, the PCI slot itself might have a problem that is triggered by placing something in it. 
You can't get the error codes from the audio card (the green port). You would need a motherboard speaker in order to get them. 
I'd leave only one stick and the CPU and remove everything else from the motherboard and try another monitor that you know for sure is working and see if it gets to POST. 
I'd test the PSU with a multimeter and see if it's functioning properly. You can also take the motherboard to a technician for a checkup.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey there JohnL,

I'd still try running the computer without the GPU. Even if it's working properly, the PCI slot itself might have a problem that is triggered by placing something in it. 

You can't get the error codes from the audio card (the green port). You would need a motherboard speaker in order to get them. 

I'd leave only one stick and the CPU and remove everything else from the motherboard and try another monitor that you know for sure is working and see if it gets to POST. 

I'd test the PSU with a multimeter and see if it's functioning properly. You can also take the motherboard to a technician for a checkup.

Captain_WD.

Thanks for tips. I can try it tonight. I'm going to pick up a case speaker from frys tonight. I have to use a discrete card. There no igpu because it i7-5820k.

Hey there JohnL,

Captain_WD.

So I got motherboard speaker. I'm getting ten beeps. Which looking online looks like cmos read/write error. I tried replacing battery like it was suggested online but that didn't work as well as clear cmos. They say it's mostly likely dead motherboard

So I got motherboard speaker. I'm getting ten beeps. Which looking online looks like cmos read/write error. I tried replacing battery like it was suggested online but that didn't work as well as clear cmos. They say it's mostly likely dead motherboard

The 10 beeps indeed indicate problems with the CMOS. If resetting it and changing the battery didn't help, I would try to reseat the CPU (be careful with the pins) and see if you haven't bent any of the pins in the first place. Do try another compatible with the socket CPU and see if there are changes. If not, I'd take the motherboard to a technician. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^

The 10 beeps indeed indicate problems with the CMOS. If resetting it and changing the battery didn't help, I would try to reseat the CPU (be careful with the pins) and see if you haven't bent any of the pins in the first place. Do try another compatible with the socket CPU and see if there are changes. If not, I'd take the motherboard to a technician.

Captain_WD.

I tried resetting cpu still no luck. :/ I end just picking up another board from fry and that one booted up right away. Just gonna return other one. Thank you for all your help.

I tried resetting cpu still no luck. :/ I end just picking up another board from fry and that one booted up right away. Just gonna return other one. Thank you for all your help.

Glad to hear you've resolved it. :)