First Build: ~[US]$1500 Budget

NikonJR

Ok, so I have his a fork in the road. 

New... or old?

I'll like any positive feedback on my threads  ^_^

Ok, so I have his a fork in the road. 

New... or old?

Oh, I just realized it was a haswell system and a skylake system.

I suppose you can see intel ark to compare the two cpus.. they are mostly identical though.. 

if you are on a tight budget, go for the older one, if you can fork out the money then get the newer one xD..

I do not know what to put as my signature.

MY RIG  PSU RANKING  PCPARTPICKER

DREAM BUILD

Oh, I just realized it was a haswell system and a skylake system.

I suppose you can see intel ark to compare the two cpus.. they are mostly identical though.. 

if you are on a tight budget, go for the older one, if you can fork out the money then get the newer one xD..

What do you think of the RAM in the build? http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/gskill-memory-f42400c15d16gnt Does gaming RAM need heat spreaders?

This could be an alternative, but it is a bit more in price. Worth it?

What do you think of the RAM in the build? http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/gskill-memory-f42400c15d16gnt Does gaming RAM need heat spreaders?

This could be an alternative, but it is a bit more in price. Worth it?

Well, if you want 16GB of RAM i think 2 sticks of 8GB is cheaper than 4 sticks of 4GB and you have the option to upgrade in the future.

I think DDR4 produces lesser heat as it runs at a lower voltage so theres no need to get a heat spreader unless you are getting higher speeds ram or you like the look of the heat spreaders :P i mean like, looks is everything especially with a windowed side panel which you have. i think ram latency is more noticeable compared to ram speeds but im not so sure so get whatever fits in your budget as always :P

edit : this corsair one has 13 CAS and speed of 2133Mhz and should fit as its mostly black and its only about $99..

Edited by EddieHero

DREAM BUILD

Well, if you want 16GB of RAM i think 2 sticks of 8GB is cheaper than 4 sticks of 4GB and you have the option to upgrade in the future.

I think DDR4 produces lesser heat as it runs at a lower voltage so theres no need to get a heat spreader unless you are getting higher speeds ram or you like the look of the heat spreaders :P i mean like, looks is everything especially with a windowed side panel which you have. i think ram latency is more noticeable compared to ram speeds but im not so sure so get whatever fits in your budget as always :P

edit : this corsair one has 13 CAS and speed of 2133Mhz and should fit as its mostly black and its only about $99..

I originally wanted to get 2*8gb sticks to expand later, but didn't see anything worth the price. I'll go with the sticks you have suggested.

I would go with a 240GB samsung 850 EVO considering the place difference is pretty low

Would you mind elaborating?

Would you mind elaborating?

I think he meant that for about $30 more you can get double the capacity and honestly 120GB gets filled really fast.

Also there seems to be a sale on for the Samsung 850 EVO 250GB here so maybe its worth a look to check out.

DREAM BUILD

I think he meant that for about $30 more you can get double the capacity and honestly 120GB gets filled really fast.

Also there seems to be a sale on for the Samsung 850 EVO 250GB here so maybe its worth a look to check out.

The sale will end by the time I buy. Besides, I don't plan on writing to it much.

Update http://pcpartpicker.com/p/93Jx3C

The sale will end by the time I buy. Besides, I don't plan on writing to it much.

Update http://pcpartpicker.com/p/93Jx3C

Well the build seems pretty much alright, just that I heard that seagate drives have a the one of the highest failing rates out of all the hard drive manufacturers, but I may be wrong and your mileage may vary. But for the price, I suppose its worth it.

DREAM BUILD

Well the build seems pretty much alright, just that I heard that seagate drives have a the one of the highest failing rates out of all the hard drive manufacturers, but I may be wrong and your mileage may vary. But for the price, I suppose its worth it.

So I guess sticking with a 2TB WD Black is best?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wbbKrH

Good price and good specs. Thoughts?

Aw, damn the RAM price seems to be have went up, probably have to look for another ram as its quite costly for 16GB, Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB is about $26 dollars cheaper (but the CAS is 14 instead of 13 with the corsair one) and with $26 dollars u can probably boost your SSD to a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB or probably just change your SSD to a Samsung 850 EVO 120GB since the price difference is only about $6 more and it seems that the performance gains may be worth it as seen from ssduserbenchmark plus two extra years of warranty. Other than that it seems pretty much great :)

DREAM BUILD

Aw, damn the RAM price seems to be have went up, probably have to look for another ram as its quite costly for 16GB, Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB is about $26 dollars cheaper (but the CAS is 14 instead of 13 with the corsair one) and with $26 dollars u can probably boost your SSD to a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB or probably just change your SSD to a Samsung 850 EVO 120GB since the price difference is only about $6 more and it seems that the performance gains may be worth it as seen from ssduserbenchmark plus two extra years of warranty. Other than that it seems pretty much great :)

HUGE thanks for that link. That looks like a very useful tool, and this is the first time I've seen it.

The corsair one is better due to the price and the lower cache, but it doesn't quite fit in the color scheme unless you wanna spray paint it or something. The other one is very pricy and i doubt there would be noticeable difference in real life scenarios.

DREAM BUILD

The corsair one is better due to the price and the lower cache, but it doesn't quite fit in the color scheme unless you wanna spray paint it or something. The other one is very pricy and i doubt there would be noticeable difference in real life scenarios.

Newegg let's you pick a color for the Corsair one, so Corsair it is.

Looks great imo :) good luck and all the best

• 2 weeks later...

Would you agree that Cyber Monday is the best day to buy a PC parts list?