Xiaomi launches “Mi Mobile”, offers 3GB data for under $10

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-launches-mi-mobile-offers-3gb-data-for-under-10-643848/

Source 2: http://en.miui.com/thread-163193-1-1.html

Xiaomi keeps putting their hands in new businesses, and that's a good thing. No matter what you may think of think of them, Xiaomi offers fairly good products for a relatively cheap price. Enter Mi Mobile. Mi Mobile is Xiaomi's answer to mobile Internet. The service gives you 3GB of LTE data for only 59 RMB per month (~$10 USD) and also offers a pay-as-you-go plan for 0.10 RMB (~$0.02USD) per minute, SMS, or 1MB of data. Those are insanely good prices.

59 RMB (CNY) to USD conversion: http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=59&From=CNY&To=USD

.10 RMB (CNY) to USD conversion: http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=.10&From=CNY&To=USD

So that's the good news. The bad news? Mi Mobile is a Chinese MVNO. This really shouldn't surprise us since Xiaomi is a Chinese company and all... However, Xiaomi will eventually launch Mi Mobile in other countries, but who knows if the prices will stay the same. Hopefully they will!

xiaomi-mi-mobile-840x420.png

COMIC SANS

Woot!

Xiaomi!

Good job!

if it launches in other countries it will cost much more

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Gb and not GB

lol that was the funniest thing I have read on the internet in about 22 years.

It's also not slow it says LTE. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

probably slow as fuck and prolly Gb and not GB

No smartphone plan ever is measured in gigabits. Either way, the image from the Mi Mobile announcement clearly says "GB" for gigabyte. Also, the speed will be dependent on whatever Chinese carrier Xiaomi is running off of.

COMIC SANS

it was a joke

and metroPCS' plans are also "lte" your point is

and is it "slow as fuck" 

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/prepaid-carrier-performance,news-21331.html

It's not slow.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

and is it "slow as fuck" 

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/prepaid-carrier-performance,news-21331.html

It's not slow.

i said mi mobile was probably slow as fuck not metropcs

read before you speak

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

i said mi mobile was probably slow as fuck not metropcs

read before you speak

Now you made even less sense.

Spoiler

it was a joke nigga

and metroPCS' plans are also "lte" your point is

What does Metro have to do with this? You do realize that T-Mobile owns Metro, right? Metro runs on the T-Mobile network. Speeds are slow when your bars are low, as it is on all carriers.

COMIC SANS

Now you made even less sense.

context exists m8

What does Metro have to do with this? You do realize that T-Mobile owns Metro, right? Metro runs on the T-Mobile network. Speeds are slow when your bars are low, as it is on all carriers.

i was saying how metropcs has "lte" but it's normally slow (er than their parent networks)

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

That's not cheap. I pay $13.30 on my phone plan and get 9GB of data (in addition to X hours of calls, free text messaging etc). And that's in a country with much higher price levels in general, plus 25% VAT. For $14.75 I can get a plan with 14GB of data.

context exists m8

i was saying how metropcs has "lte" but it's normally slow (er than their parent networks)

so you said it's slow I said it's lte, you said metropcs is lte and slow, I point out it's not slow, you are back to slow. Context is missing because we came back to it not being slow, unless you squint really hard, then you are right.

Spoiler