VR Internet Cafe, Gateway VR

Hanno

Hello all I am making a virtual reality internet cafe Located in Melbourne, Australia in the CBD

The pc's specs are CPU: i5 4460

GPU: Gigabyte 980

Memory: 8 GB 1800mhz

SSD: 120 gb

(I got the case and psu)

The Gear im using is Headset:

Logitech G430

Cyberith

HTC Vive

Stem, Sixense (3D Printing the weapons for this to click into so the user can choose what is wants to use)

I am going to be using the Janus VR for the users to navigate around and choose what game they want to use it will be a RFID (smartcard) login system.

I am going to have 100 mbps network speed (best in the area at this point it time)

Just wondering if have missed anything

Kind Regards

Missing a case.

EDIT: and PSU

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

I also need to somehow get a VR internet cafe software integrated with janus VR

Missing a case.

EDIT: and PSU

Nah M8 got all that stuff just a general outline of what I am using

Thanks For Help anyway

Nah M8 got all that stuff just a general outline of what I am using

Thanks For Help anyway

Should've put that in the OP.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

thats like 1.5K for each Computers, 20 dollars / hour ?

yeah around there but it is gonna be more like 15 an hour

What is the use case for the VR?

are you sitting on a chair infront of a computer wearing a headset?

Or standing, with full body movement in a set space/area

Ultimately you can control the experience of the user, so if you limit the game selection for your customers, you can determine what hardware you need

Install only low requirement games on the computers = only need low end hardware

dont forget you might want a monitor for each PC, also 16Gb RAM should be a minimum, some games are quick RAM demanding for the high resolutions that VR requires

Also i would recommend not a GTX980, a 390X or Fury has 8Gb of VRAM, which is more suitable for VR, also a 390X is a little bit more competitively priced to a 980

CPU: Xeon X5650 6C/12T @4.87Ghz GPU: R9 390 Strix RAM: 16Gb Kingston Fury 1866Mhz Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Storage: Kingmax 240Gb SSD 3x 1TB's Case: Fractal Design Define XL with 480mm Radiators + 360mm Radiator PSU: Enermax Revo95+ 920W Speakers: Logitech Z-5500D THX Surround Sound System Headset: Audio-Technica ATH700X Audio: Creative SB ZxR Moniter: BenQ 27Inch 1920x1080 Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Mouse: Logitech G9x/Microsoft Basic Optical OS: Windows 10 Pro Insider

in Indonesia we pay like 0.2 dollar / hour

Everything is expensive in Australia lol

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

Hopefully it set up next time I visit Melbourne and I'll give it a visit as well =)

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

What is the use case for the VR?

are you sitting on a chair infront of a computer wearing a headset?

Or standing, with full body movement in a set space/area

Ultimately you can control the experience of the user, so if you limit the game selection for your customers, you can determine what hardware you need

Install only low requirement games on the computers = only need low end hardware

dont forget you might want a monitor for each PC, also 16Gb RAM should be a minimum, some games are quick RAM demanding for the high resolutions that VR requires

Also i would recommend not a GTX980, a 390X or Fury has 8Gb of VRAM, which is more suitable for VR, also a 390X is a little bit more competitively priced to a 980

Yeah

The cyberith is an omni directional treadmill

and I i'm thinking of going two gpus because nvidia has a thing where you can use a gpu for each eye and that seems pretty appealing for me, I will def go for 16 gb of ram now.

Not sure of what the benefit of amd is, I have two r9 290's now and when I first got them they were crazy hot and since i'm going to have all the comps in another room together it might be a alot more expensive for cooling the room with amd cards.

Thanks For all the help aswell

coz Aus is Isolated ?

Pretty much it is really expensive for shipping and the import tax so they have to put the price up by alot

Yeah

The cyberith is an omni directional treadmill

and I i'm thinking of going two gpus because nvidia has a thing where you can use a gpu for each eye and that seems pretty appealing for me, I will def go for 16 gb of ram now.

Not sure of what the benefit of amd is, I have two r9 290's now and when I first got them they were crazy hot and since i'm going to have all the comps in another room together it might be a alot more expensive for cooling the room with amd cards.

Thanks For all the help aswell

AMD cards perform better at high resolutions compared to nvidia architecture, plus it will demand morethan 4Gb of VRAM in a few cases

temperature does not equate to heat output, you will find that its extremely variable and a high end AMD/Nvidia card will put out around the same heat (not temperature of the gpu which depends on the cooler attached)

CPU: Xeon X5650 6C/12T @4.87Ghz GPU: R9 390 Strix RAM: 16Gb Kingston Fury 1866Mhz Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Storage: Kingmax 240Gb SSD 3x 1TB's Case: Fractal Design Define XL with 480mm Radiators + 360mm Radiator PSU: Enermax Revo95+ 920W Speakers: Logitech Z-5500D THX Surround Sound System Headset: Audio-Technica ATH700X Audio: Creative SB ZxR Moniter: BenQ 27Inch 1920x1080 Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Mouse: Logitech G9x/Microsoft Basic Optical OS: Windows 10 Pro Insider

AMD cards perform better at high resolutions compared to nvidia architecture, plus it will demand morethan 4Gb of VRAM in a few cases

temperature does not equate to heat output, you will find that its extremely variable and a high end AMD/Nvidia card will put out around the same heat (not temperature of the gpu which depends on the cooler attached)

Thanks alot man

should I get a 390x??

a 980 and 390X as pretty equal, but 8Gb will give it an edge in some cases, take note, the 390X does put out more Heat compared to a 980, higher power usage

980 is around $100 or so more expensive