Free $100 Amazon Web Services Promotional Credit

CyberneticTitan

https://aws.amazon.com/activate/event/mlh2015/

You will need a credit card and phone number to validate your account when signing up for AWS.

"Note that you may only apply one code to your AWS Account per event. If you are already a member of AWS Activate, you can still complete the form on this page to receive the AWS Promotional Credit for this event."

Can you explain how this works? I'm kind of confused... :o

Intel 2600k @ 4.5 GHz | CoolerMaster 212 Evo | ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe | XFX 7950 Black Ed. Corsair Vengeance RAM (4x4GB)NZXT Phantom 820 | Rosewill 1000w Bronze

ASUS VN248H-P IPS | LG E2742 | Logitech Z623 | Logitech G600 |Steelseries QcK Heavy | Corsair K90 MX Red | Ducky Shine Year of the Goat MX RedErgotech Freedom Arm

It looks like they're partnering with mlh which is an organization to promote hackathons across the nation. It's common for companies to provide some free credit for their services to be used at a hackathon.

Is the credit just for use on Amazon AWS?

That seems most likely.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What do they use your credit card for though? :o

Intel 2600k @ 4.5 GHz | CoolerMaster 212 Evo | ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe | XFX 7950 Black Ed. Corsair Vengeance RAM (4x4GB)NZXT Phantom 820 | Rosewill 1000w Bronze

ASUS VN248H-P IPS | LG E2742 | Logitech Z623 | Logitech G600 |Steelseries QcK Heavy | Corsair K90 MX Red | Ducky Shine Year of the Goat MX RedErgotech Freedom Arm

What do they use your credit card for though? :o

You probably dont need AWS if you dont know what it is. Its cloud hosting

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

I wonder if I can buy one RI with t2 micro and use that as my VPN. That should be around 75 bucks only..

• 2 weeks later...

AWS are web services that are cloud hosted by amazon. The basically rent out servers or computer horsepower for way cheaper than it would cost you to maintain your own server. And yes the credit is just for AWS. Thanks man I will use it :)

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb