Quiet $750 build

TitaniumMicros

Is http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4NLdhM a good quiet system build? Are the listed parts quiet in the build? Is it necessary to get the aftermarket cooler listed (the case has very limited airflow).

looks good except get this psu instead its cheaper and better http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550gts3x

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Great build, also get a ton of mail-in rebates lol 

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

Not to sure about the gpu choice the XFX isn't the quietest cooler out there and a less heat producing card like a 970 would probably be better for silence.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

so youre saying that a vsm 550 with semi modularity and all japanese capacitors is better than a non modular xfx unit which gets very loud under load is better for a quiet build?

i dont know how quiet or load they are, but the xfx is a higher quality psu, and is made by seasonic

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i dont know how quiet or load they are, but the xfx is a higher quality psu, and is made by seasonic

so is the coolermaster one, they are in the same tier, and xfx ts units are very loud under load. If you dont know anything about the coolermaster unit dont say one is better than another

so is the coolermaster one, they are in the same tier, and xfx ts units are very loud under load. If you dont know anything about the coolermaster unit dont say one is better than another

vsm=tier 2, ts gold=tier 1

dont believe me then here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/

Spoiler

my bad i was thinking about the bronze ones. But still the coolermaster is a valid choice, specially for the semi-modularity and they are more silent

ok you got me with the noise since i dont know the difference and with the modularity

Spoiler

ok you got me with the noise since i dont know the difference and with the modularity

I believe it's a louder XFX unit. Could be wrong. They have loud and silent units. No inbetweens xD

Is http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4NLdhM a good quiet system build? Are the listed parts quiet in the build? Is it necessary to get the aftermarket cooler listed (the case has very limited airflow).

I'll post a link to a build that I think is better. BRB

OK, I color-matched things a bit more. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($175.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team Dark 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($37.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($289.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: LG 25UM56-P 60Hz 25.0" Monitor  ($0.00) 
Other: Fan Splitter ($3.99)
Total: $783.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-19 18:23 EDT-0400

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I believe it's a louder XFX unit. Could be wrong. They have loud and silent units. No inbetweens xD

I'll post a link to a build that I think is better. BRB

well its a seasonic g series according to @Aniallation http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/?p=5473427

Spoiler

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

= quiet

you did say that many seasonic units have a fan so i would guess so does the seasonic g http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/452720-worth-upgrading-to-new-pc/?p=6073753

Spoiler

Fyi that build and all the other suggestions won't actually be very quiet.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Fyi that build and all the other suggestions won't actually be very quiet.

i5 stock coolers are damn quiet. Surprised by this myself when @ and I built a system with one. Inaudible under max loud. Same goes for the rest of the system (Gigabyte GTX 960 dual fan card, Seasonic S12 PSU which was also silent and had a running fan). 

I made a suggestion to use an EVGA 550W GS. I own one of these myself and can vouch for their silence. As for the XFX 290 I haven't personally owned one but many seem to say they are quiet until a certain load.

i5 stock coolers are damn quiet. Surprised by this myself when @ and I built a system with one. Inaudible under max loud. Same goes for the rest of the system (Gigabyte GTX 960 dual fan card, Seasonic S12 PSU which was also silent and had a running fan). 

I made a suggestion to use an EVGA 550W GS. I own one of these myself and can vouch for their silence. As for the XFX 290 I haven't personally owned one but many seem to say they are quiet until a certain load.

Well the intel stock coolers are quite while idle but as soon as it spins up it gets loud. Power supplies are normally loud. I haven't found any cheap ones that are quiet because they all have junk fans in them but IDK about the seasonic one. The case fans that have been added also are not PWM so they're not going to be quiet.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Well the intel stock coolers are quite while idle but as soon as it spins up it gets loud. Power supplies are normally loud. I haven't found any cheap ones that are quiet because they all have junk fans in them but IDK about the seasonic one. The case fans that have been added also are not PWM so they're not going to be quiet.

I did say under max load it was silent. The stock coolers on i5s and i7s have a bit of copper in there making them cool quite decently. The thing never saw more than 65C on any core, averaging 60C under load. GPU fans were the loudest thing and we know the Gigabyte makes some damn silent fans. @ can agree as he was there building it with me.

I think the Antec Earthwatts is a cheap PSU that is decently quiet AFAIK?

I did say under max load it was silent. The stock coolers on i5s and i7s have a bit of copper in there making them cool quite decently. The thing never saw more than 65C on any core, averaging 60C under load. GPU fans were the loudest thing and we know the Gigabyte makes some damn silent fans. @ can agree as he was there building it with me.

This is 100 percent true. 

^^^this please don't get a 970, get a 390. I don't know about the gigabyte version, but it will be better than the 290.

I've personally only heard good things about this GPU. The only issue's I heard about the gigabyte versions were for the 390x's but non on the 390's.

ok, completely different definitions of quiet then

Something tells me you have not used the stock cooler on an i5 4460 before...

I am a silence obsessed freak. I wear open-back headphones and cannot bear fan noise. It was dead silent. I mean it. 

No, the cooler is quiet.

If anyone asks you never saw me.