Anyone have crossfired R9 Fury's?

Profoundsoup

well... i have no experience with them, but i'm pretty sure with the right cooler they're a pretty identical situation to other air cooled cards.

--

that said, if you have the option to mount 2 single fan rads, i feel like the fury X may be a better option here. (thats a really big "if" tho)

well... i have no experience with them, but i'm pretty sure with the right cooler they're a pretty identical situation to other air cooled cards.

--

that said, if you have the option to mount 2 single fan rads, i feel like the fury X may be a better option here. (thats a really big "if" tho)

Isnt it like a 140mm rad lol.....yeah If I were to buy id get fury X crossfire but I was curious because I have seen like nothing on the R9 Fury in crossfire :/

Isnt it like a 140mm rad lol.....yeah If I were to buy id get fury X crossfire but I was curious because I have seen like nothing on the R9 Fury in crossfire :/

i feel thats because theres not really much new about the fury in crossfire.

it faces the same issues as other air cooled cards.

R9 Fury Crossfire beats both 980Ti SLI and Titan X SLI, while being $200 cheaper than the 980Ti.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

R9 Fury Crossfire beats both 980Ti SLI and Titan X SLI, while being $200 cheaper than the 980Ti.

have any sources on this? i'd actually be interested in their testing methods. (CF/SLI stays a bit fishy at times)

have any sources on this? i'd actually be interested in their testing methods. (CF/SLI stays a bit fishy at times)

Fury X but still

Source or ignored

I am aware of that. lmao

Yes but It's like Titan X =/= 980Ti similar performance.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

I am aware of that. lmao

the fury is actually a rather nerfed fury X, so that may not be a very good source on the performance at all...

the fury is actually a rather nerfed fury X, so that may not be a very good source on the performance at all...

I mean doesnt NVIDIA have better performance day 1 on games than AMD. I hear alot more about AMD issues when games launch than NVIDIA issues... :/

I mean doesnt NVIDIA have better performance day 1 on games than AMD. I hear alot more about AMD issues when games launch than NVIDIA issues... :/

Depends on the game but yes usually nvidia uses their money to make sure their card's drivers work on new games

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

The actual chances of this happening are wildly varied. MGSV:TPP *ahem AN NVIDIA SPONSORED GAME* worked day 1 on AMD cards and Nvidia cards while games like AC:U had issues on any card day 1.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

The actual chances of this happening are wildly varied. MGSV:TPP *ahem AN NVIDIA SPONSORED GAME* worked day 1 on AMD cards and Nvidia cards while games like AC:U had issues on any card day 1.

I mean I hear more issues on newer games and MMO's from the AMD side of things. But thats just something ive noticed over the years. Have never used a AMD card so I cant confirm 100%. I remember Dying Light and Arkham Knight had horrible issues with AMD on launch day.

I mean I hear more issues on newer games and MMO's from the AMD side of things. But thats just something ive noticed over the years. Have never used a AMD card so I cant confirm 100%. I remember Dying Light and Arkham Knight had horrible issues with AMD on launch day.

Dying Light was just a meh port.

We all knew what was wrong with AK. And it wasn't just AMD cards. Ohh-hoho, you best believe that you'd crash any time you drove in the Batmobile and if you didn't, those scenes were flat-out unplayable.

Dying Light was just a meh port.

We all knew what was wrong with AK. And it wasn't just AMD cards. Ohh-hoho, you best believe that you'd crash any time you drove in the Batmobile and if you didn't, those scenes were flat-out unplayable.

The whole game was messed up I know lol I played it. But I heard AMD were having more serve issues than NVIDIA cards. I mean to be honest the game was fine if you were okay with locking the FPS to 30 and playing that way. But 30 fps is for consoles so..... :D

The whole game was messed up I know lol I played it. But I heard AMD were having more serve issues than NVIDIA cards. I mean to be honest the game was fine if you were okay with locking the FPS to 30 and playing that way. But 30 fps is for consoles so..... :D

Yeah, AMD's side did have more issues than the Nvidia side. But either way, most of the glitches were the same, just slightly worse on AMD (but it was unplayable any way you twisted it, both sides)

while not ideal, its a pretty good comparison.

while not ideal, its a pretty good comparison.

I mean... look at how much the OC benefited the 980 TI. Really. I feel like the Fur Xs overclocking potential is way smaller than it should be considering its on water. 

Thanks friend <3

fury CF should be a non issue

with DX12, and async compute, the massive 7.2TFLOPS of compute power would really start to shine...

in comparison, 980Ti is around 5.62 to 6.1TFLOPS of compute varying of the model you get....

FuryX has over 8TFLOPS of compute power.....