gtx 980 ti backplate?

Xyrock

Hi! i have gtx 980 ti reference card and my evga hybrid kit upgrade for the card is coming next week.

my question here is what does backplate do? does it reduce coilwhine or something? is it worth to buy it? it costs around 30 euros on in my country

The EVGA Backplate is an optional accessory with the following features:

• Reinforces the PCB of the product
  • Helps to protect fragile components from handling damage
  • Adds a clean look to the product
  • Helps to reduce heat by up to 3 degrees Celsius

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

The EVGA Backplate is an optional accessory with the following features:

• Reinforces the PCB of the product
  • Helps to protect fragile components from handling damage
  • Adds a clean look to the product
  • Helps to reduce heat by up to 3 degrees Celsius

is it worth for 30 euros? and i have a closed case. cant see anything inside but the air flow is good.

is it worth for 30 euros? and i have a closed case. cant see anything inside but the air flow is good.

Probably not, but you does make the card look damn sexy.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Probably not, but you does make the card look damn sexy.

just thinking that is it really necessary for me to get the backplate since the evga hybrid kit provides water cooling that wont surpass 50 celcius under load. (atleast thats what the reviews says)

It´s mainly for the Looks. If you have a sexy PC, you dont want the Card look like ordinary hardware ;)

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

It´s mainly for the Looks. If you have a sexy PC, you dont want the Card look like ordinary hardware ;)

I would say its more for support, as it reduces the sag on the card.

Plus if you got more water cooling in the system, so does it also protect the card against drips from a leaky system, so you got less chance of everything going if you get a problem.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.