Fury (none x) in crossfire

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Pretty sure you could answer this yourself with research on benchmarks

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

980Ti's imo

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Fury (X) is for the most dedicated of AMD fanboys (like apple's isheep). 980 / 980ti are both better than their AMD counterparts and there is no reason to buy them unless they are strongly discounted.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Fury (X) is for the most dedicated of AMD fanboys (like apple's isheep). 980 / 980ti are both better than their AMD counterparts and there is no reason to buy them unless they are strongly discounted.

For someone with 4,000 posts on here I'd think you'd see the coolness in the Fury X. Despite the 980Ti performing better currently it's still quite the interesting card.

Not only that, you apparently completely avoided the title that explicitly says "fury [non x]". Do I sniff a fanboy that takes every opportunity to take a shot at the opposing company, when you should really be rooting for both companies to make extremely competitive products in order to keep products of both companies good?

Also, what is the 980's AMD counterpart?

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

For someone with 4,000 posts on here I'd think you'd see the coolness in the Fury X. Despite the 980Ti performing better currently it's still quite the interesting card.

Not only that, you apparently completely avoided the title that explicitly says "fury [non x]". Do I sniff a fanboy that takes every opportunity to take a shot at the opposing company, when you should really be rooting for both companies to make extremely competitive products in order to keep products of both companies good?

I specifically said the none x as I was having a debate in another post about thies specific configuration and t was getting a little one sided so I made a new post so more people could have a input

also (1600) 

Well, i do appreciate that AMDs Fury cards have HBM and water-cooling however i mainly look at the performance (and noise + temps) as an indicator to judge GPUs by because that is what the average GPU consumer cares about, not some bragging rights that come along with owning the first GPU with HBM. I am also definitely not a fanboy, i use a HD7770 in my server and recommend AMD GPUs if they are better pricing wise (my brother and my friend both use 280Xs per my recommendation).

The Fury competes with the 980 and the Fury X with the 980Ti (pricing wise).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Well, i do appreciate that AMDs Fury cards have HBM and water-cooling however i mainly look at the performance (and noise + temps) as an indicator to judge GPUs by because that is what the average GPU consumer cares about, not some bragging rights that come along with owning the first GPU with HBM. I am also definitely not a fanboy, i use a HD7770 in my server and recommend AMD GPUs if they are better pricing wise (my brother and my friend both use 280Xs per my recommendation).

The Fury competes with the 980 and the Fury X with the 980Ti (pricing wise).

The Fury is better than the 980 though I'm fairly certain...

Привет товарищ ))))

thoughts and opinions ?

All fanboyism and favoritism aside, the 980 ti is the best card in the current market. The fact that you would save 200 bucks if you go with the furys and still get AMAZING performance is not minor. In a comparison at PCworld they were actually pretty neck to neck, but when you're buying at the very top end i think that things like driver support of your favorite games is pretty important. Should be noted, the reason the Fury CF gets so close to the 980 ti SLI is because CF scales better, it's not a secret, but that also means that if a game is launched without CF/SLI support and it takes a while for it to be implemented, the 980 ti single card will get you by while the Fury alone will likely lack. 

Overall, i think that between the 980, Fury and 980 ti the scaling is very apropiate to the price, so stuff like drivers, features preference and overall budget take a greater deal of importance once you're spending 1000$+ on a dual GPU set up.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2947547/components-graphics/amd-radeon-fury-crossfire-review-2-fast-2-furious.html

The article from PC world

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Too bad lmgtfy is banned.

They trade blows, but also note that the Fury is 50$ more than the 980.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/209665-amd-radeon-r9-fury-review-chasing-the-gtx-980s-sweet-spot/2

The Fury starts pulling away at higher resolutions. Not an extreme amount, but still what I would consider worth it.

Привет товарищ ))))

The Fury starts pulling away at higher resolutions. Not an extreme amount, but still what I would consider worth it.

Agreed, for the time being (the 4GB frame buffer on both the fury and 980 may be limiting in some games).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

All fanboyism and favoritism aside, the 980 ti is the best card in the current market. The fact that you would save 200 bucks if you go with the furys and still get AMAZING performance is not minor. In a comparison at PCworld they were actually pretty neck to neck, but when you're buying at the very top end i think that things like driver support of your favorite games is pretty important. Should be noted, the reason the Fury CF gets so close to the 980 ti SLI is because CF scales better, it's not a secret, but that also means that if a game is launched without CF/SLI support and it takes a while for it to be implemented, the 980 ti single card will get you by while the Fury alone will likely lack.

Overall, i think that between the 980, Fury and 980 ti the scaling is very apropiate to the price, so stuff like drivers, features preference and overall budget take a greater deal of importance once you're spending 1000$+ on a dual GPU set up.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2947547/components-graphics/amd-radeon-fury-crossfire-review-2-fast-2-furious.html

The article from PC world

In regards to pc world

They push the 980ti 4 percent past reference

However even with out overclocking if u don't disable gpu2.0 the 980ti (even the reference cards) hit 1320 MHz on the core

also (1600) 

In regards to pc world

They push the 980ti 4 percent past reference

However even with out overclocking if u don't disable gpu2.0 the 980ti (even the reference cards) hit 1320 MHz on the core

Yeah, that's why i only took it as an anecdotal reference, it's pretty obvious that the 980 Ti SLI will be overall the highest performing option, but i think that asking yourself if the price difference is justified by performance difference is important if you buy such a high end config, and that there are instances where the Fury makes a very good compromise when it comes to value at such high performance levels. In the end everyone will buy what they wanna buy and i can't think of many people being dissapointed by the performance of Fury CF, but if you want the absolute best, the 980 ti is the go to option, as i stated in the first line of my previous comment. 

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Yeah, that's why i only took it as an anecdotal reference, it's pretty obvious that the 980 Ti SLI will be overall the highest performing option, but i think that asking yourself if the price difference is justified by performance difference is important if you buy such a high end config, and that there are instances where the Fury makes a very good compromise when it comes to value at such high performance levels. In the end everyone will buy what they wanna buy and i can't think of many people being dissapointed by the performance of Fury CF, but if you want the absolute best, the 980 ti is the go to option, as i stated in the first line of my previous comment.

I just wanted to point that out about the pic world review as uv seen people arguing till there blue in the face about the fury being better just off that one benchmark

also (1600) 

I just wanted to point that out about the pc world review as iv seen people arguing till there blue in the face about the fury being better just off that one benchmark

also (1600) 

I just wanted to point that out about the pic world review as uv seen people arguing till there blue in the face about the fury being better just off that one benchmark

There are always people taking sides and making a rational argument nearly impossible, the 980 ti is better, the fury is an excellent option too, and for some people it has better value, that's it. Nowadays with all the scrutiny AMD and Nvidia go through they can't afford to overprice a flagship GPU, so you pretty much get what you pay for right now, except the Titan X...:P

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

I would honestly go with the fury. As much as I love nvidia cards, you just can't beat the fury when it comes to per dollar performance. Besides, nvidia has been getting a little too comfortable lately. Competition is good for us consumers. :)

CPU = i5-4690k | Motherboard = MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM = G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB | GPU = EVGA GTX 980 TI

Well the 980Ti is stronger, but the Fury is a good card for the money.

...I think that's how it goes.

The 980Ti is also fantastic for the money though.

In fact I'd say it's the only well-priced 900 series card in nVidia's entire lineup.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

At 4K which is the only resolution either setup would really make sense for gaming wise, the Fury's in CF generally pull slightly ahead by a frog hair.

Of course with a very small handfull of games you can push past the Fury's 4G of memory if you turn up every setting and the SLI 980 Ti's will pull ahead. Keep in mind though that while 4GB is 4GB, HBM has the ability to move it much faster and that will likely be seen in the future.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!