Build Log: The "ThisPCNeedsABetterName"

iamdarkyoshi

-snip-

definitely. chipsets run hot and usually have some shitty passive coolers on which you could make omelets from the mere temperature they operate at

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

definitely. chipsets run hot and usually have some shitty passive coolers on which you could make omelets from the mere temperature they operate at

Watercooling it is! This time, I am going to test the damn board with a 212 evo and derp gpu on the box before putting the loop in.

Day Seven: More fans are always good.

In the process of moving again, waiting for the frikkin house to finally be ours. But I got more fans:

attachicon.gif_20150921_204814-1.JPG

Image in OP

They dont look very good..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

They dont look very good..

its the packaging. They are red fans with a black frame. my nexus 5's camera was being ass. I will post a better photo in a bit. I hav to do everything on mobile for the next week or so :(

its the packaging. They are red fans with a black frame. my nexus 5's camera was being ass. I will post a better photo in a bit. I hav to do everything on mobile for the next week or so :(

I meant quality wise

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

for ten bucks, they arent half bad. The blades are removable, and believe it or not, HAND BALANCED! I see fingerprints on that weighted blob!

attachicon.gifIMG_20150921_211446.jpg

lol

lol

I found this particular fan on a fan benchmark, and it was the second best in terms of noise/airflow. Fist being noctua. But these are a feaction of the price. I KNOW THEY ARENT RADIATOR FANS but airflow fans in push/pull seem to do the task very well.

Image of fan next to my homemade portable speaker

If you didnt say it was a homemade speaker I could have sworn it was somesort of semtex or PE lol

Anyways keep at it mate!

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

If you didnt say it was a homemade speaker I could have sworn it was somesort of semtex or PE lol

Anyways keep at it mate!

funny thing is that I bring it to school every day. Some people have asked if its a bomb, and I reply with, its not a momb, but it does go "boom"

Its a 30w amp with 7/8in thick box and passive radiator. Total cost to make? Rougnly 2$

Day Eight: I cannot live without internet. I just cant.

So we should have moved by now, so our ISP had unplugged us so we had no internet at the apartment. We cannot move due to financial issues, and these issues are because of a loan that we cannot get because my mom's fuel reimbursement is NOT counted as income. So now we have to deal with plenty of other crap. I am posting this at school right now.

unplug.jpg

I have ordered my new motherboard an I am awaiting its arrival. Hang in there!

What happened to RMA?

What happened to RMA?

They got it, were about to send a new one to my new house address, and we had issues and couldnt move. I am STILL in the apartment. So I asked if they could change the address, they said no, but we can cancel it and refund it. So I did that... I have placed the order again with my refunded money. This time I do a video unboxing.

Tomorrow the new motherboard should be here. I am moving today and tomorrow, so I might not have the time to work on it. This time I am going to do a freaking BENCH TEST to make sure the damn thing works first!!!

Day Number I lost track. But it lives!

No images for today, unfortunately.

I got the chance to install everything, all ten fans plus the 80mm on the bottom and a blower fan on the back for the VRMs. I powered it on, and loads of smoke start billowing out!!! I immediately pull the power, and figure out what detonated. I was hoping it wasnt my 500$ GPU or 240$ motherboard with its 600$ CPU or 32GB of ram. turns out my rear blower fan wire got caught under a screw and got 5V across itself... DAMN did that gives a good scare though.

All 32GB of ram shows up, and I can do gaming at around 50 degrees without hearing any fans. all I can hear is the damn HDD.

How do you not hear it?