Shopping for a new mechanical keyboard.

Go to solution Solved by DotoreN,

Also, does the rapid and the rapid-i have any differences? Does the rapid-i use filco stabilizers like the rapid uses? I'm actually thinking of going with it.

If you can get the 6gv2 with reds it's an option (if you wanna try something else than blue)

Rapid & Rapid-i have differences yes. The normal (not backlighted) rapid has Costar stabs same as filco and Rapid-I has some chinese manufactured stab which feel mushy (fact not opinion). So i'd recommend the normal rapid.

Keep in mind that the rapid has TKL (nu numpad), which I like as you have more space for your mouse, you can keep it closer to the keyboard. If you want one with numpad, go for the CM Quickfire XT. It's the same build as the rapid, same keyboard but with Numpad :)

So yea, i'd say:  CM Quickfire Rapid - If you want red switches but no numpad

CM Quickfire XT - If you want red switches, but you do want the numpad

6gv2 steelseries - If you want reds, but can't find/buy the Quickfire XT

CM in general has better build quality than steelseries.

Pick ducky if you want backlighting. I'd pick ducky over the rapid-I

Ok..so my beloved Razer Blackwidow really needs a change. It's a hard one since it was a gift from my girlfriend which I considered to be the best gift I ever gotten but bad things have happened to the keyboard since it first hit my desk.. Anyhow.

Anyhow, I need a new mechanical keyboard, so far I have only tried MX blues since the blackwidow had them, my budget it 80 GBP (UK). 

What are your suggestions? Thanks

Ok..so my beloved Razer Blackwidow really needs a change. It's a hard one since it was a gift from my girlfriend which I considered to be the best gift I ever gotten but bad things have happened to the keyboard since it first hit my desk.. Anyhow.

Anyhow, I need a new mechanical keyboard, so far I have only tried MX blues since the blackwidow had them, my budget it 80 GBP (UK). 

What are your suggestions? Thanks

Get another Blackwidow. It's still my favorite keyboard.

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

DON'T get the new blackwidow. It has Chinese copy switches while Razer still charges the same as they did with original German Cherry MX switches. I would get the http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cooler-master-cm-storm-quickfire-tk-abs-grip-coated-mechanical-backlit-cherry-blue-gaming-keyboard-1 I have it and it is really good.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

CM Quickfire Rapid. They have the same stabs as Filco (same manufacturer aswell but cheaper) and has superior stabs over the chinese razer products imo. Filco is great aswell, but over your budget.

As far as switches goes. I hate blues, I love reds and i've had both for about a year now. But it's personal preference, pick what you like and not what I or others like.

Reds & blues are the most common. Brown is a middle ground with little bump.

I play csgo (FPS) & Sc2 (RTS) on high level, and imo (keep in mind, my opinion) the reds are superior over blue if you're into hardcore gaming. It's worth checking them out, I started blues aswell and I can't imagine playing with blues anymore.

CM Quickfire Rapid. They have the same stabs as Filco (same manufacturer aswell but cheaper) and has superior stabs over the chinese razer products imo. Filco is great aswell, but over your budget.

As far as switches goes. I hate blues, I love reds and i've had both for about a year now. But it's personal preference, pick what you like and not what I or others like.

Reds & blues are the most common. Brown is a middle ground with little bump.

I play csgo (FPS) & Sc2 (RTS) on high level, and imo (keep in mind, my opinion) the reds are superior over blue if you're into hardcore gaming. It's worth checking them out, I started blues aswell and I can't imagine playing with blues anymore.

how about the steelseries 6gv2?

how about the steelseries 6gv2?

Has black switches. They're the worst i've ever experienced. I played a lot of FPS back then and I couldn't walk/run in the FPS game with holding W for longer than 1min. If you have strong muscles in your arm/fingers, then I guess it's good. The keys are just way to heavy for my liking. I'm not too fond of the steelseries brand, but I guess the keyboard itself is decent.. if you can get them in other switches than black which I don't think is possible.

CM Quickfire Rapid / Filco's are my personal favorite because of the stabilizers in the spacebar etc. Ducky is also nice, but has those cheap stabs in them like all of the backlighted keyboards.

Ducky shine if you want backlighting, maybe corsair if you like their industrial design.

Coolermaster rapid/XT or Filco Majestouch 2 for quality (no backlight, but easily the best quality mech keyboards in the world)

I would really stay away from blacks unless you have insane muscles in your arm :P

Pick red, brown or blues is my advice.

Has black switches. They're the worst i've ever experienced. I played a lot of FPS back then and I couldn't walk/run in the FPS game with holding W for longer than 1min. If you have strong muscles in your arm/fingers, then I guess it's good. The keys are just way to heavy for my liking. I'm not too fond of the steelseries brand, but I guess the keyboard itself is decent.. if you can get them in other switches than black which I don't think is possible.

CM Quickfire Rapid / Filco's are my personal favorite because of the stabilizers in the spacebar etc. Ducky is also nice, but has those cheap stabs in them like all of the backlighted keyboards.

Ducky shine if you want backlighting, maybe corsair if you like their industrial design.

Coolermaster rapid/XT or Filco Majestouch 2 for quality (no backlight, but easily the best quality mech keyboards in the world)

I would really stay away from blacks unless you have insane muscles in your arm :P

i should have quoted that you can get the 6gv2 on red switches as well. Should I go for it?

Also, does the rapid and the rapid-i have any differences? Does the rapid-i use filco stabilizers like the rapid uses? I'm actually thinking of going with it.

If you can get the 6gv2 with reds it's an option (if you wanna try something else than blue)

Rapid & Rapid-i have differences yes. The normal (not backlighted) rapid has Costar stabs same as filco and Rapid-I has some chinese manufactured stab which feel mushy (fact not opinion). So i'd recommend the normal rapid.

Keep in mind that the rapid has TKL (nu numpad), which I like as you have more space for your mouse, you can keep it closer to the keyboard. If you want one with numpad, go for the CM Quickfire XT. It's the same build as the rapid, same keyboard but with Numpad :)

So yea, i'd say:  CM Quickfire Rapid - If you want red switches but no numpad

So yea, i'd say: CM Quickfire Rapid - If you want red switches but no numpad

I already ordered the Rapid with red switches from amazon. Since it's coming from US and I'm in UK I'll wait a while but I hope it's worth. Thanks for your insight

I already ordered the Rapid with red switches from amazon. Since it's coming from US and I'm in UK I'll wait a while but I hope it's worth. Thanks for your insight

it'll take time to get used to reds. Because it's the complete opposite switch of the blue. No bump & No tactile sound/feel. But after a few days days you'll love it. GL HF with it:p