Anyone else joining the Star Citizen stress test this Sunday?

rentaspoon

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/284861/ptu-stress-test-at-2pm-cdt-7pm-gmt-on-13-sept-2015/p1

Hi everyone!

We’re inviting players to jump on PTU this Sunday, September 13, 2015, to help us test out the General Instance Manager (GIM) as well as some of our latest updates. GIM is responsible for creating lobbies and matches, assigning you to parties, handing you off to Game Servers, and keeping track of the type and the state of our servers.

In addition to checking out the new content as seen in our Patch Notes, we’ll be asking all players to:

- Be in PTU at the start time (see below).
- Play an Arena Commander match.
- After one match, head over to the Social Module for ten minutes.
- Head back to the Hangar.
- Play one more Arena Commander match.

And that’s it! We’re going to be monitoring the health of GIM throughout the process, as we’ve made several fixes to improve its stability. 

Concurrency Stress Test Times:

Sunday PM
- 12pm PDT (Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver)
- 1pm MDT (Albuquerque, Denver, Calgary)
- 2pm CDT (Mexico City, Austin, Dallas, Chicago)
- 3pm EDT (Miami, Washington, New York)
- 7pm GMT/UTC
- 8pm BST (Dublin, London, Edinburgh)
- 9pm SAST/CET (Johannesburg, Paris, Berlin)
- 10pm EEST/MST (Kiev, Moscow, Istanbul)

Monday AM
- 4am JST/KST (Seoul, Tokyo)
- 5am AST (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
- 6am NZST (Auckland, Wellington)

After it’s over, feel free to report with any errors that you see:

- Error Code: 
- Module (AC, SM, Hangar):
- What were you doing at that time of crash/kick: 
- Additional notes/feedback on the updates: 

Thanks everyone and see you on Sunday!
Will Leverett

Patch Notes

Star Citizen Alpha Patch 1.2.1

This hotfix patch has been focused on known issues and quality of life updates for ArcCorp. Our current patch notes are also hosted on the PTU website and can be found here. Access to the PTU patch notes on the website requires a PTU account (which uses the password that was sent by RSI via email after copying your account over).
Hangar Module:
Fixes:

Ships
Fixed an issue where characters would not be properly aligned in the Retaliator when attempting to sit in the Retaliator pilot chair.
Fixed an issue where characters would appear outside of the Gladiator when attempting to sit down in the Gladiator pilot chair.
Fixed an issue where the pilot of a Vanduul Scythe would experience unusual camera shaking when looking around in-game.

Environment
Fixed several texture conflict issues in the Selfland Hangar.

User Interface
Fixed an issue where client FPS would drop when the cursor hovered over scrolling text.
Fixed an issue where rapidly switching between different sections in the game menu would sometimes lock out access to device cycling.
Arena Commander Module:
Fixes:

Ships
Fixed an issue with the Vanduul Glaive, where the boost would not work as it had no fuel. to device cycling.

User Interface
Fixed an issue where players would be unable to trigger respawn if they died while interacting with the HUD.
The right-CTRL key is now the default toggle for Weapon Gimbal Lock as Left-ALT is now used for another function.
Social Module:
Additions:

Environment
Characters will now be teleported back to a safe spawn point if they fall out of Area 18’s geometry.

User Interface
There is a new loading screen when taking the elevator from the Hangar to ArcCorp’s Area 18.
Chat channels and display names now have a color to distinguish them from chat text.
Channel [Local] is now in yellow.
Player display names are now in blue.
When using Augmented Reality, shop items will now have a blue highlight when targeted.
The left-ALT key now enables use of the Mouse and locks the character in place, allowing use of buttons, tabs and other in-game functionality.
Balance/Tweaks:

User Interface
Character names in Augmented Reality will now transition in and out of view based on range at a smother, more gradual rate.
Fixes:

Environment
Fixed a collision issue where characters could clip out of the map in the Medical Unit back alley.
Fixed a collision issue where characters could clip out of the map in Dumper’s Depot.
Fixed a number of texture of conflicts and lighting bugs in ArcCorp.

User Interface
Updated the advanced keybinding options and keyboard keymap image in the game menu to now show the Social Module features.

So I'll be joining if the PTU downloads properly and will be in the teamspeak, I think this is their step to getting ready for the FPS boost in players.

(Don't join expecting it not to fail btw)

Edited by rentaspoon

My body and PC are so ready for this.

smirking-face.png

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

So I'll be joining if the PTU downloads properly and will be in the teamspeak, I think this is their step to getting ready for the FPS boost in players.

(Don't join expecting it not to fail btw)

My body and PC are so ready for this.

I'm in. Don't forget to add your contacts on https://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com

Use the password you got via email to log in.

Handle Napper198

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Won't be able to make it.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro