Is It Safe?

Bim Job

So I'm going to be making a build real soon and I'm trying to save as much money as possible. My brother has this PSU that he used for about 2 years, and I want to know if it'd be safe to use for gaming using this system: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($57.50 @ Vuugo) 
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($67.05 @ DirectCanada) 
Total: $436.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-08 20:40 EDT-0400

Moved to New Builds and Planning.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

So I'm going to be making a build real soon and I'm trying to save as much money as possible. My brother has this PSU that he used for about 2 years, and I want to know if it'd be safe to use for gaming using this system: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($67.05 @ DirectCanada) 

that PSU will blow up and burn down your house in three seconds, I suggest a trusted brand like XFX, Seasonic, Corsair, and some EVGA PSUs

My i5 6500 is bad and can't even maintain 4.5ghz, and 4.4ghz causes it to slowly become unstable over weeks with a vcore of 1.395. FML

He was probably able to use it because he got nowhere near the max rated wattage, but I personally wouldn't use it. 

Just get a XFX TS 550w on sale if you can. 

that PSU will blow up and burn down your house in three seconds, I suggest a trusted brand like XFX, Seasonic, Corsair, and some EVGA PSUs

Though he used it for 2 years...

nopenopenopenopediabloteknopenope

diablo= devil

you sir have a devil psu that will blow up. 8/10 would explode again.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

He was probably able to use it because he got nowhere near the max rated wattage, but I personally wouldn't use it. 

Just get a XFX TS 550w on sale if you can. 

Those are like $90

That PSU is a liability.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

Those are like $90

A worthwile $90

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

On 9/8/2015 at 7:40 PM, Bim Job said:

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Memory Express) 

CX500, EVGA 500w. I've heard nightmare stories about Diablotek PSUs.

EVGA GQ/GS/G2 or a Seasonic S12II

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Though he used it for 2 years...

Still could blow. He might have a nice unit though EDIT: putting a larger load on a PSU can reveal weak points like not being able to properly sustain a current on a rail.

My i5 6500 is bad and can't even maintain 4.5ghz, and 4.4ghz causes it to slowly become unstable over weeks with a vcore of 1.395. FML