HELP

r3mixguy

I want to know if I can upgrade my PC 

http://i.imgur.com/wgk3oSI.png

My PC came with a AC adapter, it didn't have a powersupply in the back. Please tell me someone my mother board is ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A_F_K31ADE (SOCKET 1150)

If your PC uses one of those smaller portable adapter-like PSUs - then a new PSU would be the first thing you need. the CPU is decent and the RAM is enough.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Get a 550-650w ATX Power Supply, look here for good brands. Also, are you running a gpu? Knowing that will help in calculating what kind of PSU you need.

I like good humans and good food

dont bet on it.

If your PC uses one of those smaller portable adapter-like PSUs - then a new PSU would be the first thing you need. the CPU is decent and the RAM is enough.

he wouldnt be able to install it, that'd require a new case, and new mobo, if you have bad luck the cpu is soldered on.

dont bet on it.

he wouldnt be able to install it, that'd require a new case, and new mobo, if you have bad luck the cpu is soldered on.

Oh - right. Forgot how pre-builts work :/

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Oh - right. Forgot how pre-builts work :/

honestly, this is kind of the worst case scenario of prebuilts.

i have a few prebuilts that use all stock parts.

I'm looking through the vents, I don't see any like psu slots for the motherboard lie the 24 pin one. FUCK did I get the wrong PC? I just got this pc

I'm looking through the vents, I don't see any like psu slots for the motherboard lie the 24 pin one. FUCK did I get the wrong PC? I just got this pc

well... if you just got it, and are now planning upgrades. you just did it the wrong way.

Man, isn't there a way where I could install another motherboard? it's a atx machine, there's a back slot for the PSU

Well all I can do is go to Knownhow (PCworld) because they didn't state the motherboard.

well... if you just got it, and are now planning upgrades. you just did it the wrong way.

At the back, there's a slot where I can put a PSU. There's like a plater blocking it, all I gotta do is unscrew it then I cant put my PSU. but the motherboard is awkward.

Nvm got a full refund

What is your budget?

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb