i-7 6700K or 6700, advice needed :)

Blufkip

Hello Community,

I would like to hear some suggestions to the question which i've been thinking on for a while now. Recently I ordered parts for my new build in the Ncase M1. There is only one part still to be purchased and i'm questioning which one would be better to choose. It's not about the price, (because they are almost identicle at this time) I want it to be at reasonable Temperatures, between 28-55C +/-. The 6700K stock runs at around 64degrees C at 100% usage with the Corsair H105 at 100% fanspeed.

My question:

The 6700K has a TDP of 95Watt and the 6700 of 65Watt. Will the 6700 be significant cooler in temperatures? 

I'm about to use the Corsair H75 with this build (also a less performing cpu cooler then the H105).

Already thanks in advance,!

Greetings,

P.s.: (or would you still choose the 6700K, thinking of better performance? i'm not going to overclock, just playing games)

-snip-

Since you're not gonna overclock, going with a non k processor makes a lot of sense.

If the price is identical I see no point in not going for the 6700K. AFAIK the TDP is higher on the 6700K because it can be overcloked, so if you don't OC, you have no problem.

Additionally you can lover the voltages to see where it still remains stable.

EDIT: Suggesting this because yyou might consider OC'ing a year or 2 down the line, given that you have a mobo for it that is.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Thanks for the replies!
Here in the Netherlands the prices are almost the same at the moment so that's not the problem.

I want to make this build quiet, and still cool. That's why i was thinking about the 6700 with 65watt TDP.
But if the 6700K wo'nt get that warm (60C+) anyway while gaming, this would make it a better choice i assume.
Still, de H75 is not the best AOI you can find, so if im desciding to do some video aditting could it reach over 70degrees? 

Just some loud out thinking tongue.gif 

cheers for all the idea's!

Will the H series coolers Work with LGA 1151 ?

No it is not compatible with Socket 1151 Processor , it's only compatible with AMD: AM2, AM3, FM1, FM2, Intel LGA: 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3

I think The H Series of Corsair coolers will not support The new socket 1151 .

No it is not compatible with Socket 1151 Processor , it's only compatible with AMD: AM2, AM3, FM1, FM2, Intel LGA: 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3

"The Intel CPU cooler is Skylake ready" http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-hydro-series-h75-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler-with-120mm-radiator-and-dual-sp120l-pwm-fans

I Guess they are all 115x  ;-)

Else, no corsair AIO would fit and that's not the case

"The Intel CPU cooler is Skylake ready" http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-hydro-series-h75-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler-with-120mm-radiator-and-dual-sp120l-pwm-fans

well i can't say it does support because i did not tried it on Socket 1151 I tried on 1150 , 1156 and socket 1155, but i think corsair have a solution for that 

well i can't say it does support because i did not tried it on Socket 1151 I tried on 1150 , 1156 and socket 1155, but i think corsair have a solution for that 

yes, it will support LGA 1151. uses the same hold-down pattern of the 1156/1155/1150.

just go for the K, you will thank me later.

it is slightly faster and one day you will overclock, trust me, you will, and you'll be pissed when you have a locked sku and can barely do anything, and if they are nearly identical price then just do it!!

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons