Microsoft office certification help

Gammett

Hello my name is Garrett Sandberg and I am in a bit of a prediciment and am wondering if any of the members of this fourm can help me with my problem.

I recently transfered highschools to Mark Morriss located in longview, Wa as a Junior, and when I was picking classes I noticed that Microsoft IT Certification was a possibility I was excited that I could finaly get my certification.  Well eventualy the summer ends and on the first day of school I walk into the IT class and find out that we will be learning office for the entire year.  I then imediatly start laughing and ask the teacher if I can join the server IT class but she then tells me that I must first pass the office certification test before I do so.  My problem arrises when I realise that I haven't used office in 7-8 years because I do all my notes in notepad.  Now don't get me kidding, I know my way around a word prossessor and allmost everything except some ui from professional softwares (adobe suite mainly) I can learn in 10 minuetes but if I fail then I am stuck taking the equivelent of pc kindergarden.

So my question is has anyone here taken the official certification test and can they explain what I need to study in the week that I have untill then plus the structure of the tests.

I saw a practice test online for the ms word portion and it looked like it contained very simple concepts like basic text formating.  I understand powerpoint and exel but again it has been 8 years and alot has happened and changed since then.

I know the answer to Fermat's last theorem but there isn't enough room in my signature to announce it.

well... i made cookie clicker in excel, does that qualify me?

(actually fully scripted, working cookie clicker with buttons, blew my teacher's mind)

You might be able to help but I ideally want someone who has taken the test because there might be some things that are on the test that you might not know.  Send me the cookie clicker though, that is pretty cool

I know the answer to Fermat's last theorem but there isn't enough room in my signature to announce it.