Worlds first Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundbar

jos

Buy a receiver, a sub and five speakers and save over $700. Jesus Christ.

Yeah. Though that's not atmos, but the sound bar really isn't either

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah. Though that's not atmos, but the sound bar really isn't either

Depends on the receiver. You can do what you like with the speaker config, but 5 speakers will be better than this soundbar.

Depends on the receiver. You can do what you like with the speaker config, but 5 speakers will be better than this soundbar.

Yeah

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Gah I'd love something with a sub, but again, no room.

At least I got my TV tuned in to have some low end and less high end. Too bad it isn't my grandma's TV she just got. That thing is fucking amazing when you boost low end and give the upper end a tiny boost. Oh. Mah. LAWD.

Would this fit?

http://www.daytonaudio.com/index.php/dayton-audio-vs8-8-universal-low-profile-subwoofer.html

Lol.

No soundbar can replicate 7.1 so you all need to calm down. Not saying soundbars are bad. No, some bars are ridiculously good and if all you have room for is a 2.1 setup, you can't go wrong with one at all. Hell, even 3.1 setups depending on how many drivers and tweeters there are. They aren't too bad for small spaces either. 

But this? Snake oil marketing. 7.1? Lol.

The whole point of having channels beside and behind you is that there are specific sounds coming from those areas, and 7.1 mastered content exploits that spectacularly. Yes, you can refract sound to get that result but are any of you actually buying that this soundbar has had the engineering done to perform that? And the active calibration required so that it does that in every environment? In every living room? 

Come on. 

No need to get butthurt. Anyone who cares about sound reproduction and actually wants to enjoy 5.1/7.1 output will never take a sound bar seriously. They just can't do it and often are spectacularly overpriced outside of holiday sales where retailers try so hard to dump their inventory because it spends so much time sitting on the shelf. 

I agree with the "soundbar being shit"  they aren't meant for audio enthusiasts...  They are good at best being a cheap solution but a dolby atmos soundbar....I doubt it.

and this is why I avoid the audio subforum.....

here is  a thought have you ever heard it in person ? just because it is a sound bar doesnt mean it is automatic shit,  its the technology behind it that matters

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |