CM Seidon 120v v2 ticking/humming noise problem.

Hi guys!

I've been subbed to Linus for a long long time and now i have registered to this community after all this time.

I have just built a new rig and after couple of days my Seidon 120v v2 started acting weird... loudly... it produces this ticking/humming noise which is loud enough to annoy me enough unless i use headphones.

Even if i turn on my fans to full speed it's still louder, it's hard to enjoy games or movies with it being so loud.

I've done some research, but haven't found a solution to this, so i came here for help.

I went to BIOS where i checked and the fan control panel said that the CPU FAN is running around 2320rpm while the Fan included is going around silent 780rpm.

Changing the modes helps for a bit, but then starts again, but not as loud and the sound is a bit different.

The cooling block is connected to the cpu_fan and the included fan is connected to cpu_opt.

I made a little video about my problem, sorry for the bad quality since i dont have surgeon hands. ;)

https://youtu.be/nEx_2tP6HJw

CM Storm Trooper

Maximus Hero VII

i7 4790k 4ghz

GTX 660

8gb 1600mhz HyperX RAM

Seidon 120v v2

SATA 500gb

W7 64bit Ultimate

- UDM

I used to have this problem.. just change dont plugged in the pump into CPU header. Fixed my problem. You dont need to run your pump at full blast. 

Magical Pineapples

just change dont plugged in the pump into CPU header. 

Thanks for the fast reply!

Could you be more specific about this sentence you wrote? i dont really get what you mean by that.

Thanks.

I think he means don't plug it into the cpu fan header, put it in another available one and lower the speed to 75% or 50%

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

I think he means don't plug it into the cpu fan header, put it in another available one and lower the speed to 75% or 50%

Cheers! gotta try that. 

EDIT: Just making sure that he meant the cooler block?

Cheers! gotta try that. 

yeah the pump

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Cheers! gotta try that. 

Well you cant really power the cooler block... you power the pump which is on top of the cooler block i guess. 

Magical Pineapples

Pro tip for anyone looking ot invest in the SEIDON 120V (even the v2), I had a seidon 120V and it died on me after one year, manynpeople have had rattling problems or dead puimp problems, it is not a reliable unit, I would advise poneying up a bit more money for a better AIO watercooler or a good aircooler

Tried to switch connectors, didn't help.

And for some reason my mobo doesn't let me change the fan speeds any other way than the settings included in the bios... or im just blind enough not to see it.

The noise is driving me nuts.

Bump. Anyone have a solution ? :/

Sorry I couldn't watch the vid (at the office).

I don't really have experience with regards to this but after all the research I've done they usually suggest to put the pump on the CPU_FAN header and making sure that the BIOS adjusts regulates its RPM automatically. You will have to look for an option in your BIOS to do this.

As you've said, if the pump is running on 2320 RPM, that means it's running on max.

Could you check the header on the pump, is it 3-pin or 4-pin, if it's 3-pin you have to make sure that the BIOS regulates it by voltage (not sure if your mobo can do this).

Disregard.. What you want to do is to regulate the RPM of the pump using voltage control.

You have to check the pump header but usually it is a 3-pin header which can only be voltage regulated

(as compared to a 4-pin header which can be PMW regulated.)

What I would suggest is put the pump on the CPU_FAN header and set it to DC mode (voltage regulation i think?), and put the fan on the CPU_OPT header. This is unless the pump is 4-pin.

Note that the CPU_OPT header may not have a separate speed control, and may just be dependent on the regulation on the CPU_FAN header..

I've read that the BIOS has this "Q Fan" setting, people are suggesting to turn this to Auto (either Silent or Turbo).

EDIT: BTW this is a recommendation.. not really a solution. The pump will still sound like that once your CPU heats up.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

I've pretty much tried everything and i think im going insane by the noise... should i refund the cooler? i've never had this problem with other coolers before so if someone has a solution i would much appreciate it. >.<