Just got into PC Gaming. What Games Do I Need To Play?

CoolMarquis97

I'm mostly referring to the experiences that can't be found on consoles or just experiences that are so much better on PC's. Since I have both consoles and a Gaming PC, I've been having trouble trying to get into gaming on the PC. What are the games that could help me fall in love with PC Gaming?

What genres interest you?

If you're into FPS I would recommend you download and play Black Mesa. It's a mod based on the Source engine, so you need a Source game (Portal, HL2, Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, ect) in order to play it but it's free to download. It's pretty much a remake of the original Half Life with modern graphics. http://www.blackmesasource.com/

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Pretty much every game is going to be almost a completely new experience on the pc because of the graphics, but definitely play some rts games, you cant get any good ones of those on the xbox

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I would recommend racing games, because I'm just an addict of those, but I think as mentioned above, any game you played on console is a good place to start. You'll see a massive increase in details!

- Need for Speed Most Wanted (Arcade I know, but awesome graphics)

- NFS Most Wanted (The new one)

- Team Fortress 2 (just for the community that is on that. It's amazing!)

- Dirt 3 (if you are into Rally Style games)

- Portal 1 and 2 (Classics...) :D

Good pc gaming!

What genres interest you? If you're into FPS I would recommend you download and play Black Mesa. It's a mod based on the Source engine' date=' so you need a Source game (Portal, HL2, Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, ect) in order to play it but it's free to download. It's pretty much a remake of the original Half Life with modern graphics. [url']http://www.blackmesasource.com/

I don't even need HL1 to play Black Mesa? Since it's a HD Remake, will I still get the amazing experience that every talks about?

What genres interest you? If you're into FPS I would recommend you download and play Black Mesa. It's a mod based on the Source engine' date=' so you need a Source game (Portal, HL2, Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, ect) in order to play it but it's free to download. It's pretty much a remake of the original Half Life with modern graphics. [url']http://www.blackmesasource.com/

I don't even need HL1 to play Black Mesa? Since it's a HD Remake, will I still get the amazing experience that every talks about?

You don't need half life 1 to play black mesa. It was developed by an independent group of programmers (not Valve) using the HL2 game engine, which is called Source.

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

CoolMarquis97, listen here ye grubben about soldier scum. You need to move yourself post haste to the following websites. I don't want to hear a reply from you until you get back. Soldier, you need to see San Andreas Multiplayer. You need to see it yesterday. Move soldier! Wipe that smirk off your face! Is this funny to you? I'll tell you what isn't funny, Fallout New Vegas. You need to make your way to the mod Nexus and download errythan! You hear me! ERRYTHAN! You will learn your survival skills in DayZ private, and execute your skills in PlanetSide 2. You need to do this now. Not today. Not tomorrow. Now. Move soldier. Run! OORAH!

http://www.ea.com/au/the-saboteur

http://www.sa-mp.com/

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/

http://dayzmod.com/

http://www.planetside2.com/

Hitman Abosolution isnt bad. I liked Hitman Blood money a little better but graphics aint the best. Resident Evil 5 was cool. Combat Arms if you like FPS's and its a free to play. Counter Strike is awesome I own like every version.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Metro 2033 is a great game, Planetside two, team fortress 2, counterstrike (1.6, source, or GO), black mesa, people are gunna hate on me for this one but minecraft is great in my opinion, Anitchamber if you want to screw with your head, the portal games, castle crashes (even though you can get in on console its epic on PC too), I'll try and think of some more and I'll get back to this thread.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Half life series

Portal series

Assassins creed series

Hitman series

Team Fortress 2

Anno 2070

SimCity

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Battlefield 3 is a must play on pc, so much better than the console versions. Minecraft is another amazing game on pc. Killing floor is best zombie game in my opinion. Warframe is really amazing, it's in closed beta right now though. Just a few off the top of my head, pc really is superior to console though in pretty much every way, if you need more suggestions just inbox me :D

Dirt 3 is amazing, the original NFS most wanted, Blacklight retribution (which is free). I'll come back If I can think of more.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I've been trying to come up with a list of video games that are not available on consoles, so that there is no other option but to enjoy the experience because it's on PC - the way it's meant to be played. I'm sure that many more games should be featured in this list!

Theme Hospital

Loom

The Secret of Monkey Island - This is cheating, it got ported to consoles eventually because of the massive demand, but play the ORIGINAL with a mouse! It cannot be beat.

Frozen Synapse

Walaber's Trampoline - This becomes immensely enjoyable because you can edit the configuration files to make your player jump super high and bounce off at awkward angles.

Kerbal Space Program - Don't be fooled by the graphics, it's super tough.

Antichamber

Spy Party

Dungeon Keeper 2

Diablo 3

Age of Chivalry

Sim City - Any of them

Binding of Isaac

Team Fortress 2

Many console games are superior on PC because they can be modded, like DayZ (from ARMA II), Far Cry 2 (grappling hook mods make this), Skyrim (too many mods to mention), Minecraft (Feed the Beast/Tekkit/(and many others).

There are tons of indie games that are amazing too. Check https://www.humblebundle.com/ for great deals on excellent indie titles.

BF3, Torchlight 1&2, Heroes of Might and Magic series, Age of Empires series, Starcraft 2. Maybe LoL or Dota2. Btw. Just tried Planetside 2 and it really makes me want to upgrade. Try it, you don't get so much action in consoles.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I would recomend GTA IV because the shear amount of mods you can do in this is completely insane, a good start would be to download the simplenativetrainer which gives you the ability to teleport spawn cars etc. Secondly i would buy ArmA 2 Combined operations so you could play DayZ which is buggy but Amazing ( http://dayzmod.com/ ) There is also League of Legends (MOBA) and BF3 :)

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

Saints Row 2. Buggy, but great story, awesome activities...

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Battlefield 3 on a 64 man server with a group of friends.

CPU: i5 2500k @4.3GHz  |  Cooler: Corsair H100i | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GPU: Asus DC2 GTX 570 | Mobo: Asus P8P67 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 500r | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Agility 3 | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green| OS: Windows 7/OSX Mavericks (Hackintosh) | Monitor: LG EA63V x2 Soundcard: Fiio E10 | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (browns) | Mouse: Corsair M40

Starcraft 2, some sort of moba/arts (Dota 2, LoL, HoN), CS (1.6, Source, GO depending how much of an elitist you want to be), Team Fortress 2, Sim City (probably just wait for the new one), and DayZ would be my recommendations.

There are the ones people have already mentioned such as Half Life, Counter Strike, Battlefield 3, TF2

then there's MOBAS such as league of legends, RTS games surprised no one has said witcher 2 pick that up next sale will probably be up for 75% off, far cry 3, planetside 2 and tribes ascend they're both free to plays try those out. If you haven't played skyrim on console already buy it for pc would be worth it

Fallout: 3 and Fallout: New Vegas!

They aren't the most impressive graphically, but trust me, once you get into them the graphics will mean nothing. The experience is so dynamic and so life-like that it makes you think twice about your actions. If you kill an innocent town to make money, you actually feel bad about it. The re-play-ability of these games is also even better. I've put in about 150 hours on New Vegas and i'm not even close to completing all the quests and different story lines. Best $20 you'll ever spend. Period.

Counter-Strike:GO. A game that isn't worthy of being on consoles!

Can't believe no one has said it yet! Crysis and Crysis 2! And three in a little while! Both Portal games are also pretty fun. Same with Battlefield 3.

Maybe Starcraft 2 if you are into that type of games.(I have never played it)

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

You could even download Team Fortress 2 for free on Steam and use that to play black mesa.