Just got into PC Gaming. What Games Do I Need To Play?

CoolMarquis97

Free Games

minecraft. (single player hardcore/creative)

leagueoflegends

Dota 2 (Beta)

Teamfortres 2

and YOU MOST BUY Audio Surf on steam !!

I would recommend racing games, because I'm just an addict of those, but I think as mentioned above, any game you played on console is a good place to start. You'll see a massive increase in details!

- Need for Speed Most Wanted (Arcade I know, but awesome graphics)

- NFS Most Wanted (The new one)

- Team Fortress 2 (just for the community that is on that. It's amazing!)

- Dirt 3 (if you are into Rally Style games)

- Portal 1 and 2 (Classics...) :D

Good pc gaming!

What is the name of that racing game that you have a helmet cam, and when you drift the camera looks at the corner so you know how close you can drift?

I don't believe in reincarnation, Re-spawning; Now that's my thing 

Free Games

minecraft. (single player hardcore/creative)

leagueoflegends

Dota 2 (Beta)

Teamfortres 2

and YOU MOST BUY Audio Surf on steam !!

AudioSurf is pretty addicting, great game for less than $5.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Welcome to PC, you won't go back to a console. :DD

Battlefield 3, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, CS: GO, Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012) are all good games to play.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

• 4 weeks later...

planescape torment, only one word - legendary

Let's see...

-Grim Fandango

-Morrowind (it was on the first Xbox, but it was better on PC because that's what it was developed for)

-Oblivion and Skyrim too, WITH MODS!!11!one1eleven

-The Longest Journey

-Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (sequel)

-Heroes of Might & Magic 3 (seriously, just ignore any other HoMM series games, 3 is all you need)

-Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

-Rome: Total War

-World in Conflict

-Armed & Dangerous (it's hilarious but it's age shows)

-Giants: Citizen Kabuto (same as above, same developer too)

-Startopia (also a humour game)

-Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2

And:

GOG.com 's entire catalogue.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Free world games are good like Saint's Row or GTA. FPS is great too. Heck, plenty of games are great, just depends on your preferred genre.

BF3 & Planetside 2

Supreme commander 2 ( RTS) & Company of Heroes :)

My build for this summer, EVGA X79 Dark, 16 gigs Corsair Platinum 1866mhz, EVGA SC TITAN,  2 Samsung 840 Pro raid 0, western digital 1tbhdd velociraptor, 1200 wt psu to be continued :)

I'm mostly referring to the experiences that can't be found on consoles or just experiences that are so much better on PC's. Since I have both consoles and a Gaming PC' date=' I've been having trouble trying to get into gaming on the PC. What are the games that could help me fall in love with PC Gaming?[/quote']

I think the biggest differences between PC gaming and console gaming are the mods and gaming community. The best way to experience PC gaming is to have friends play with you and/or make new friends. I'd recommend focusing on multiplayer based games. Get an account on Steam then try out some of the free multiplayer games with your friends such as Team Fortress 2, DotA 2, PlanetSide 2, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Alien Swarm, etc.. If you have the cash, you can buy games that can be heavily modded like Counter-Strike: Source + Garry's Mod to be able to play the Trouble in Terrorist Town mod. You can try the PC version of Left 4 Dead 2 or Minecraft then join servers with a bunch of different mods, or you can even create your own servers and invite people to join you. As you continue playing these multiplayer games, keep adding people you usually play with to your Steam Friends list. You can even join different gaming communities like HvK-Gaming (not sponsored *cough*). You can try some MMORPG games like World of Warcraft or Slick's favorite: The Elder Scrolls Online (when it comes out)...

*Off topic: We should make a LinusTech Gaming Community!

~meOw! Σ:3

if your computer can run it - Crysis 1-3

also - Dota based games (HoN, LoL, Dota)

- RTS (Real Time Strategy) style games (Dark Crusade, StarCraft 2, Supreme Comander, Age of empire [outdated classic but still really fun])

- Then theres the MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online) style games (EVE online, Aion, Star wars - The Old Republic)

Crysis is generally more stunning on PC ans personally i prefer the mouse to stick when playing FPS games. Dota based games are awesome but can only be played online but they are worth it. You can create your indiviual play style and get items to match.

RTS games are great fun and dont need to be online and provide a challenge at anytime (but they might take a while)

And MMO's. well they're pretty self explanitory. my personal favorite it EVE online but you need to put in alot of time and commitment since it is a real time game (it takes six months to build the biggest ship in the game!)

Hope it helped

Hotline miami, not awesome graphics like crysis but epic =)

Also if you don't want to pay tera is good, it's free and it's not looking bad for a F2P

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Skyrim is definitely WAYY better on PC and it's a must have, especially since you can get mods (Google Skyrim Total Enhancement Project it's a guide to making your game look even more awesome, although it will take a lot of patience to do it all xD). Dragonborn DLC is also a must have, Dawnguard not as much, but still cool and Hearthfires is less (due to the many house mods that already exist for free).

Also, if you need something similar but with guns... xD, you NEED to play FC3. That game looks so good on PC, I thought I was looking at another game when I saw console screenshots... textures were so crappy Vaas looked like he was made of cardboard...