Does your educational place use PC or Mac for Media?

spyder

You do know i'm talking about Bournemouth University in england xD Not one of the american ones :3 

Ew, not America  

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

macs for design/art purposes and shitty a8 apu pc's that thermal throttle due to no airflow/small form factor for general use

i3 4170 : Asus R9 270 : MSI h81M-Pro VD : Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO : Seagate Barracuda 1TB : NZXT Source 210 : Some Random RAM

i have a laptop my mom uses a windows computer and she says that it is very fast and more expensive than hers at my school my parents say that i will not get a new computer intil i get good grades my school uses windows and macs and they use macs more than windows but they still use btoh

my school uses mac

My old school used iMacs for the art, design and music departments, however the rest of the school used some lenovo thinkcentre all in ones.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Our school used to use Mac only... besides tin-clients Windows shit.

Now they've seen the light and we've got like 30 proper editing PC's. No videocard but a decent pc still.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

My 61 year old dad bought a Mac mini almost two years ago (on my suggestion :) ) and he had never touched one prior. He's doing just fine.

If he can do it, you can, too. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, bud ;)

Ew, not America

wow xD #gchq

English university's = best in world ;)

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

We have 2 Mac suites and about a million PC suites at work.

The work place I had to do some IT sorting out for had a bunch of windows 8 notebooks and macbook airs. 

We use pc for programming and imac for design major. A lot of people say that mac is the best for design. Is it true?? I mean if you spend the same amount of money for pc you can get wayyy better than an imac(may be not that much, but still)

PC Spec :

Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3400G  ; Motherboard : MSI B450 A-Pro MAX ; RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX White 2 x 8Gb

GPU : Sapphire RX 5500 XT 8GB Pulse ; PSU : Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W, 80+Gold ; SSD : Samsung 860 EVO 250GB ; HDD 2 x WD Blue 1TB 3.5" ; Toshiba 1TB 2.5"

We use pc for programming and imac for design major. A lot of people say that mac is the best for design. Is it true?? I mean if you spend the same amount of money for pc you can get wayyy better than an imac(may be not that much, but still)

It makes sense only if the end user was buying a custom PC for them self but when you have atleast 20 students per class then building rigs isn't the way to go if you want support from manufacturers when something goes wrong. 

My HS uses windows machines except for the one 27 iMac left over from the old tech teacher. That one is usually used for Maya, since it has the biggest and highest resolution screen.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 XX Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer XX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory XX GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II XX Case: Phanteks Evolve ATX XX Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD ; Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD; Western Digital Caviar Blue 3TB HDD XX PSU: Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze 

My school is... a mixed bag.

The compsci class uses Macs, last I recall. The digital communications class right next to it uses Windows. Our engineering/PLTW class uses Windows all-in-one desktops for our autoCAD software, and the library and general computer lab both use terrible all-in-one desktops. Math classes are stuck on 13" laptops, and English and history classes sometimes use Chromebooks. Our E.A.S.T. lab uses mostly Windows desktops, but we have two Macs from around 2008 that we use for video editing because somehow we lost all of our software install disks and product keys for our Windows computers (I think it happened last year when we had a terrible facilitator who threw everything away at the beginning of the year and screwed us all over later in the year).

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

My school is... a mixed bag.

The compsci class uses Macs, last I recall. The digital communications class right next to it uses Windows. Our engineering/PLTW class uses Windows all-in-one desktops for our autoCAD software, and the library and general computer lab both use terrible all-in-one desktops. Math classes are stuck on 13" laptops, and English and history classes sometimes use Chromebooks. Our E.A.S.T. lab uses mostly Windows desktops, but we have two Macs from around 2008 that we use for video editing because somehow we lost all of our software install disks and product keys for our Windows computers (I think it happened last year when we had a terrible facilitator who threw everything away at the beginning of the year and screwed us all over later in the year).

Well my college is undergoing refurbishing anyways, so I am hopeful we can see new IT machines perhaps? The Mac's are currently out of commission now because one of the work men accidentally cut off the rj45 wire going into the rooms with the macs therefore you cant log in to the machines, neither save work since its all networked or access programs. 

the last 1 or 2 years of my high school, we had a computer typing class/ year book work place, which consisted of 5, maybe 6, dell pentium 4 set tops (donated hand me downs), and because of the 'loose rules' of said class, plus it couldn't really be helped, i was able to bring an old G4 powerbook to use in class.

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

Well my college is undergoing refurbishing anyways, so I am hopeful we can see new IT machines perhaps? The Mac's are currently out of commission now because one of the work men accidentally cut off the rj45 wire going into the rooms with the macs therefore you cant log in to the machines, neither save work since its all networked or access programs. 

My school is working on getting rid of networked drives, even though the majority of students are used to them and have all their data on said drives. We're supposedly becoming a Google/Virtual school and all of the students hate it more than you can imagine. I guess I can't really blame them, the majority of them have never done computer schoolwork before (I was homeschooled mostly through the computer for about 4 years so I'm used to it) and most of them don't have much computer use outside of school or their smartphones, but it gets annoying when you can't get any work done because the students just go "huuuuuuuuuuhhh misssss i can't STAND THIS they needta get us OFF dese coputers" all class period.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

Before 2009, my school used Dell Optiplex desktops, but ALL of the laptops were iBook G4's, running OSX 10.4 Tiger, but in 2009 we got rid of all of them and got some crappy used Dell Laptops.

Fast forward to last year, my school bought brand new, decent Lenovo's for one of its labs, which has Pentium G3258's with Intel HD 4600 in them I belive. And its messed up because they downgraded them from 8.1 to XP and just at the end of last year they upgraded them back up to 7 so we can do our state test on it...

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Before 2009, my school used Dell Optiplex desktops, but ALL of the laptops were iBook G4's, running OSX 10.4 Tiger, but in 2009 we got rid of all of them and got some crappy used Dell Laptops.

Fast forward to last year, my school bought brand new, decent Lenovo's for one of its labs, which has Pentium G3258's with Intel HD 4600 in them I belive. And its messed up because they downgraded them from 8.1 to XP and just at the end of last year they upgraded them back up to 7 so we can do our state test on it...

We used to have Optiplex computers.

My school also downgraded the OS on all of the new computers. They all came with Win8, but now they run Win7.

I actually attend college and also work as a custodian there as well. Every single room uses PC's, except for the graphic design room, loads of mac's in there.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

We used to use really old vista machines that were upgraded to Windows 7.

Those were replaced last year with a ton of Thinkpad Laptops.

From Grade 9 on wards we have to have our own laptops which are supposed to only use windows (for compatibility).

For some reason there are stupid people who buy MacBooks. Currently in my class of 15 people 8 people use MacBooks even though they were not supposed to,

and then they complain they have to spend extra money on parallels. 

Serves them right

we have to bring our own laptops to school for programs like Solidworks and AutoCAD :P

they recommend everybody to use windows tough.

Praise lord chinchin

Please notice me senpie

Xeon x3430 - GTX 660SC - Core 1000 - CX430 - DQ57TM - 4gb DDR3

Apple has made a pretty agressive push into educational facilities over the last 10 (or so) years.

Usually the schools get a pretty nice discount on the computers and the software. And in the end, it will pay off for Apple.

If people get used ot using Apple from their childhood, they will likely keep using Apple. 

My school (the Department of Law at the University of Copenhagen), most people, including the teachers, will bring their own computer.

The few computer, that the department has, are PCs.

Are you from Denmark.