Do grades during senior year matter?

smeek14

Hi, so I applied for a few colleges before this school year started.  I am now a senior.  Will my grades show up to colleges and will they matter?

colleges get a copy of your high school transcript, so yes, they do somewhat matter.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Yes.

The years that matter most are Junior and Senior, that's when you should be doing as much extra curricular as you can, as that will help you out a lot, and trying to get your best grades.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Hi, so I applied for a few colleges before this school year started.  I am now a senior.  Will my grades show up to colleges and will they matter?

Depends on the school you're trying to get into.

In Ontario they look at your last two years and consider that for your entrance eligibility.

Most schools/programs will have a lower limit for grades, and you have to be above that to even be considered.

At that point, you get compared to everyone else who applies.

Long story short, your grades are really the only thing that matters to a school...

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

When you apply for college before you graduate high school, any acceptance and scholarships are conditional upon your transcript, which isn't finalized and sent to them until you actually graduate, so yes. Senior year definitely matters. Especially if you're taking any AP classes

In Ontario they look at your last two years and consider that for your entrance eligibility.

Most schools/programs will have a lower limit for grades, and you have to be above that to even be considered.

At that point, you get compared to everyone else who applies.

Long story short, your grades are really the only thing that matters to a school...

They also will look at grade 9 and 10 if say, you bomb grade 11, but do well on other years (like I did). Other than that, yeas gr12 is the most important year.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit