Looking for a video editor for simple editing work

Ozpa

Hello everyone!

Sometimes I have video files that I need to do (very) simple editing in (delete some parts, append new ones - that kind of work). I was using VirtualDub a while back and it worked perfectly but it doesn't work with .mp4 or .mkv so I did a little research and got avidemux which lots of people recommended. "It works" but it also crashes a lot, it just crashed again after I was editing an .avi for 20 minutes and wanted to save my work. F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-N-G.

I'd love if you could suggest a video editor for me (both paid and free is fine) that is as light as possible and works with all today's video formats (well at least avi, mkv, mp4, wmv, flv). Thanks in a dvance!

Camtasia studio has a simple editor.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Sony Vegas works really well, it's pretty simple yet you can do a lot with it if you take the time to learn some advanced features, also it works with every file type.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

yeah for a starter sony vegas has the basics and some more advanced if you wanted to go that way 50$ i belive for sony vegas 11 hd platinum i belive  or you can pirate it.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Sony has like 10 versions of Vegas on their site and all cost at least 100$ damn. Maybe something cheaper is out there? My needs a very basic.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Free trial ? Just reinstall it after the trial ended, Free trial for Premiere or Sony Vegas that is.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

i sometime like to fiddle around with sony vegas and i think its quite complicated :L 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler