Best High End Gaming Headset/Headphones

S7ewie

To be honest the more I listen to it the better it starts to sound. I think I'm just getting used to it. The highs were a bit harsher than what I'm used to it and just taking some getting used to.. I think some of the songs I've been testing with may just not have been recorded and optimized particularly well, because some songs sound great. Its still the T's and S's that are coming across very sharp though. Not sure I'll get used to that. But for the most part its definitely sounding a lot better.

I still think I'm going to need a new sound card though, If just for the volume. 95-100% still isn't loud enough in some applications.

Music sounds a lot different when you have a way higher quality headphone then you're used to perhaps, and maybe your just able to pick out the sounds better then you were before. Try downloading a FLAC version of the song and see if it's just the version on YouTube or whatever that was just poorly done or whatnot.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Music sounds a lot different when you have a way higher quality headphone then you're used to perhaps, and maybe your just able to pick out the sounds better then you were before. Try downloading a FLAC version of the song and see if it's just the version on YouTube or whatever that was just poorly done or whatnot.

Well I'm mostly comparing them to my momentum's .. and I can't really fault them in terms of music listening apart from comfort a little. I do still personally prefer them for music, but they were like twice the price? 

I have a Sonos Play 5 for general music listening without headphones at home and personally I think the sound from that is epic! I have yet to hear something that sounds better (personal opinion mind). I guess I'm looking for that experience .. but in a headphone :P And everything I've tried so far its like, Yeah its good .. but its missing something.

Added:

Been looking around and yeah its definitely the sibilance that's causing me some issues. But some people say they just need some time to break in?

No. Very little if anything changes with breaking or "burning" in your headphones. It is more of your brain getting used to the new sound.

But some people say they just need some time to break in?

Fuck no. Beyers have hot treble in the 5-10kHz range. Don't like it, get different headphones OR use EQ to tone it down.

Ok so I guess it is just my hearing then? :/

I think I'm gonn upgrade my sound card anyway but whether they'll help the sibilance issue or not, I donno.

Ok so I guess it is just my hearing then? :/

I think I'm gonn upgrade my sound card anyway but whether they'll help the sibilance issue or not, I donno.

I'd look into swapping for some AKG headphones. They typically have a similar treble spike but less in the "sibilant" range compared to most Beyerdynamic headphones. I've recently acquired a K553 which I will recommend.

I think I'm gonna keep them. Because apart from that sibilance I still think they're brilliant. But it's just enough to be annoying for me. I'll continue on my journey to find my ideal headphones I'll look into AGK.

Forgot to mention i ordered a mod mic too.

My recommendation would be Phillips SHP9500. Please try them if you have a chance and be amazed.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117