R9 Crossfire Compatibility

I currently have a 295x2 in my Corsair 300r case and am looking to upgrade to current R9 range. Curious to know if it is possible to have a Fury X as the main card and then a regular fury as the second? I would like to have two Fury X cards but I have no space to mount second GPU radiator.

Thanks.

the R9 295x2 is better than a FuryX

Its only benefit is performance, and worse in every other way.

Edit: The crossfire solution he's thinking of upgrading to (and should be able to since the GPU architecture is the same) is far better than a 295 X2.

I currently have a 295x2 in my Corsair 300r case and am looking to upgrade to current R9 range. Curious to know if it is possible to have a Fury X as the main card and then a regular fury as the second? I would like to have two Fury X cards but I have no space to mount second GPU radiator.

Thanks.

Since they are both Fiji cards yes you can.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Thanks.

i don't think that you can crossfire a fury x and a normal fury

but by the looks of the case you can probably fit the coolers

even if you have a 240mm aio cpu cooler in the top, you could fit a gpu cooler in the back and one in the front

or tbh, if you're spending over 1k$ on gpu's you can spend at least $100 for a new case

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

-snip- 

PMSL

I don't think you can do it at the moment. AMD is more forgiving than nvidia but they still need to be matching architecture. 295X2 is Hawaii and Fury X is FIji. 

DirecX12 is going to change this. We'll supposedly be able to mix and match anything we like, even manufacturers.

I don't think you can do it at the moment. AMD is more forgiving than nvidia but they still need to be matching architecture. 295X2 is Hawaii and Fury X is FIji. 

DirecX12 is going to change this. We'll supposedly be able to mix and match anything we like, even manufacturers.

Fury X as the main card and then a regular fury as the second?

PMSL

i don't think that you can crossfire a fury x and a normal fury

but by the looks of the case you can probably fit the coolers

even if you have a 240mm aio cpu cooler in the top, you could fit a gpu cooler in the back and one in the front

or tbh, if you're spending over 1k$ on gpu's you can spend at least $100 for a new case

I have a Corsair H80i at the rear and top fan is one 140mm exhaust fan. Currenty 295x2 radiator is at the front. You think one GPU radiator at the front and the other at the top (replacing exhaust fan) is possible? But then I need to have at least one exhaust fan elsewhere?

I have a Corsair H80i at the rear and top fan is one 140mm exhaust fan. Currenty 295x2 radiator is at the front. You think one GPU radiator at the front and the other at the top (replacing exhaust fan) is possible? But then I need to have at least one exhaust fan elsewhere?

that should be possible

set the cpu as an exhaust and the gpus as an intake and you;ll be good

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Having the only exhaust covered with a radiator can happen. Less than optimal, but sometimes it's the only way.

Fury X as the main card and then a regular fury as the second?

Whaaa? Did OP edit or did I misread... Anyhoo, Fury+FuryX is fine. So are the upcoming FuryX2 and Nano. 

Whaaa? Did OP edit or did I misread... Anyhoo, Fury+FuryX is fine. So are the upcoming FuryX2 and Nano. 

Lol, you just misread the OP.

PMSL

Wait so are you looking to crossfire them or run them as separate cards? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Wait so are you looking to crossfire them or run them as separate cards? 

Crossfire them,

Crossfire them,

Well you should be fine. Just make sure you have a beefy power supply.  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Well you should be fine. Just make sure you have a beefy power supply.  

I have Corsair RM1000 (1K watts)... should be fine?

I have Corsair RM1000 (1K watts)... should be fine?

Well that corsair RM1000 ain't exactly  a "high" quality psu.... It shouldn't run fine but I ain't so sure...