Help me overclock gpu please

Maihym

It's almost midnight, While running the Furmark burn in test could you show me a screen shot of the small overclock, and the GPU memory speed, then the GPU usage and GPU clock speed? you should see an area that is recording data of your GPU like temperatures ect. DONT DO ONE BIG OVERCLOCK, SLOWLY GO UP.

Also I don't see a burn in test.

I just read that a card can sometimes go into safe mode if I do too many stress tests.

I've ran 15 Stress test on my GPU today and it's fine. Furmark should,look like this. It might be blue during the test not orange maybe. Also like I,said earlier. It's not safe to do a big jump. +50 for memory, stress test, rinse and repeat. Once it gets high enough where it's stable start doing the GPU Boost clock but only +10 at a time, as high as it can stabily get.

post-221908-0-39409900-1441165060_thumb.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I just read that a card can sometimes go into safe mode if I do too many stress tests.

only if temps are a problem it will throttle itself to protect its self

60c is also very good

only if temps are a problem it will throttle itself to protect its self

60c is also very good

Yeah I don't have a burn in test, also how do I know when the memory clock is unstable?

Yeah I don't have a burn in test, also how do I know when the memory clock is unstable?

same as core; drivers fail or artifacts.

same as core; drivers fail or artifacts.

Does having a higher memory clock help at all?

Does having a higher memory clock help at all?

slightly, in benchmarks, I've never noticed.

slightly, in benchmarks, I've never noticed.

Ok if the core clock is unstable can I increase the voltage to increase the core clock stability?

Ok if the core clock is unstable can I increase the voltage to increase the core clock stability?

yes , but, it will increase temperature too.

Sorry to butt in just noticed you are using 107% power. If you increase voltage then you will hit power limit which will induce throttling of the core clock. Memory clocks will eat power up big time. For more performance imho you should be starting with core clock then after that you should try the memory clock. Voltage affects TDP in a big way.

MY RIG- I call it the millennium falcon “she doesn’t look like much but she’s got it where it counts kid”

CoolerMaster HAFX, ASUS Maximus Ranger vii, Intel i-5 4690k @4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, Reference GTX1080, 480GB SSD, Corsair RM850W. . Cooling- Corsair H60 w Noctua NF-F12, EK DBay res/pump combo, EK-FC1080FE block, 360mm radiator, 3x Noctua industrial 2000rpm fans. . Displays- LGOLED55B7V, ACER KG241. Peripherals- Corsair M65, Roccat RYOS MK-PRO, Logitech G633, Logitech G920

Sorry to butt in just noticed you are using 107% power. If you increase voltage then you will hit power limit which will induce throttling of the core clock. Memory clocks will eat power up big time. For more performance imho you should be starting with core clock then after that you should try the memory clock. Voltage affects TDP in a big way.

Ok and what about power? Should I increase the power first or the voltage and by how much?

Ok and what about power? Should I increase the power first or the voltage and by how much?

there is a limit to the power that is set in the bios of your card. I only use after burner so don't ask me where or if the software you are using has that control but if there is a power slider you should max it out. Then set everything to stock and begin by bumping your core clock up 20mhz at a time with stress test inbetween. Once it is unstable and you get a driver crash or similar dial the core clock back by 20mhz and perform several stress tests in a loop for at least 45 mins. Check gpuz for "PWR" perfect cap reason. That will tell you if your card is hitting its Wattage limit. If it is not hitting its limit then you can start bumping up memory clock until you either hit PWR or the card becomes unstable.

Hope that helps

MY RIG- I call it the millennium falcon “she doesn’t look like much but she’s got it where it counts kid”

CoolerMaster HAFX, ASUS Maximus Ranger vii, Intel i-5 4690k @4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, Reference GTX1080, 480GB SSD, Corsair RM850W. . Cooling- Corsair H60 w Noctua NF-F12, EK DBay res/pump combo, EK-FC1080FE block, 360mm radiator, 3x Noctua industrial 2000rpm fans. . Displays- LGOLED55B7V, ACER KG241. Peripherals- Corsair M65, Roccat RYOS MK-PRO, Logitech G633, Logitech G920