Need Help to know if everything will fit and tips.

So I have recently been accepted into a IT college and also got accepted for my grant and all i have is a laptop so i have applied for a student loan and i have 1000 euro to spend on a pc and these are the parts I chose.NOTE:This is my first build and any tips are appreciated :)

Specs:

WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue

Zalman Z11 Plus HF1 ATX/M-ATX Mid Tower Case

XFX Radeon R9 290 DD Edition Graphics Card (4GB, GDDR5)

Intel i5 4590 Quad Core CPU

Asrock Z97M ANNIVERSARY MATX Motherboard Socket 1150
Fix:
ASRock Z97 Anniversary Motherboard - ATX, Intel Z97, Socket 1150

G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16Gb (2 X 8Gb) 240-Pin Ddr3 Sdram Ddr3 1600 (Pc3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16Gsr

SilverStone 30257 SX600 Power Supply Unit

Hopefully you guys can help me I just don't want to spend another 2 years with this crappy laptop :)

So I have recently been accepted into a IT college and also got accepted for my grant and all i have is a laptop so i have applied for a student loan and i have 1000 euro to spend on a pc and these are the parts I chose.NOTE:This is my first build and any tips are appreciated :)

Specs:

WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue

Zalman Z11 Plus HF1 ATX/M-ATX Mid Tower Case

XFX Radeon R9 290 DD Edition Graphics Card (4GB, GDDR5)

Intel i5 4590 Quad Core CPU

Asrock Z97M ANNIVERSARY MATX Motherboard Socket 1150

G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16Gb (2 X 8Gb) 240-Pin Ddr3 Sdram Ddr3 1600 (Pc3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16Gsr

SilverStone 30257 SX600 Power Supply Unit

Hopefully you guys can help me I just don't want to spend another 2 years with this crappy laptop :)

Use PCPartPicker to check for compatibility and deals!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I would totally not spend your grant or loan on a PC and If I was buying a Micro ATX motherboard, I would totally not buy an ATX case.

I would totally not spend your grant or loan on a PC and If I was buying a Micro ATX motherboard, I would totally not buy an ATX case.

oh I took the wrong name and its not a micro atx motherboard im looking at :P

Also normally a person would probably get really mad since you just tried to tell me what to do with my own grant money but im not that sort of person.i will need a decent pc for around 6 years of my life grant money is the only way for me to get it.and also i live 3 min walk away from the college so no living or travel expenses of any kind.

for the deals i have done my own research and found the best shipping free deals around and pcpartpicker is handy but i also wanted some part advice.But thank you very much :)

Also PCPartPicker does not have my case which is the main reason i am here as the heading describes :P

Also normally a person would probably get really mad since you just tried to tell me what to do with my own grant money

Not really, advice isn't telling you what to do. I was in the same situation (although I had to cover more expenses than you) and I got a £4000 grant from the government. I spent it pretty quickly but what I should have really done is saved it and spent it wisely. I'd have bought a small laptop instead. One with great battery life etc. After all, you're at university, most people don't have the time for desktops. I could literally go to Starbucks and take my laptop (thus all my work) with me as well as books and spent the day doing work. Instead I had a desktop, which made me spend loads of time in my room reminiscing about why this room stank and what happened last night...

Moral of the story: Spend your grant on a laptop and then save the rest. Ooh and also, go to the places where drinks are cheapest because clubbing is ridiculously expensive.

nvm

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Not really, advice isn't telling you what to do. I was in the same situation (although I had to cover more expenses than you) and I got a £4000 grant from the government. I spent it pretty quickly but what I should have really done is saved it and spent it wisely. I'd have bought a small laptop instead. One with great battery life etc. After all, you're at university, most people don't have the time for desktops. I could literally go to Starbucks and take my laptop (thus all my work) with me as well as books and spent the day doing work. Instead I had a desktop, which made me spend loads of time in my room reminiscing about why this room stank and what happened last night...

Moral of the story: Spend your grant on a laptop and then save the rest. Ooh and also, go to the places where drinks are cheapest because clubbing is ridiculously expensive.

Ok i understand but i must clarify something I am doing a game studies course for 2 years which will include alot of homework in which i will have to make maps and objects in different programs and review games.After that I will be doing a 4 year course on game making in which you need a fairly decent pc to be able to do.So yeah i appreciate your advice but i guess i should have clarified before.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€175.93 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€89.01 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€51.49 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€74.54 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  (€358.72 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  (€64.43 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€94.50 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €964.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-02 01:38 CEST+0200

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Ok i understand but i must clarify something I am doing a game studies course for 2 years which will include alot of homework in which i will have to make maps and objects in different programs and review games.After that I will be doing a 4 year course on game making in which you need a fairly decent pc to be able to do.So yeah i appreciate your advice but i guess i should have clarified before.

Would still probably get a laptop and see what other people have in this course that you're undertaking in a few years.

I found one just the other day which had a 128GB SSD, 6GB RAM, 13 inch, i5 processor, iris graphics etc which would be a pretty nifty laptop.

Would still probably get a laptop and see what other people have in this course that you're undertaking in a few years.

I found one just the other day which had a 128GB SSD, 6GB RAM, 13 inch, i5 processor, iris graphics etc which would be a pretty nifty laptop.

Already have a laptop and i have been told by my teacher in the interview the programs we will be using and it has trouble with a couple.

Also....fallout 4

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€175.93 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€89.01 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€51.49 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€74.54 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  (€358.72 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  (€64.43 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€94.50 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €964.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-02 01:38 CEST+0200

Ok i have been looking through these parts for a bit now its a decent build well as far as my noob eyes can see :P

Im guessing the motherboard can take 16gb eventually? 8 gb is nice for now but i would love some more in the future for editing and such

Also how is the graphics card compared to the xfx radeon r9 290?

the case is also nice but if i wanted to go for the zalman z11 plus hf1 would the parts fit in that?

One last thing i wanted to know was if this was your build and if it is how are the frames in witcher 3 :P

Ok so i have taken Abdul201588's Build and I have changes some stuff

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€175.93 @ Mindfactory)    And i have replaced that with  (INTEL I5 4590) 198.56

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€89.01 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€51.49 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€74.54 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  (€358.72 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  (€64.43 @ Mindfactory)    And I have replace that with (Zalman Z11 HF1) €74.57
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€94.50 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €989.67

Yes mostly

You probably want to go nvidia and 5820K if you have the cash. Also 32gb of ram helps a lot.

You probably want to go nvidia and 5820K if you have the cash. Also 32gb of ram helps a lot.

Im kind of staying clear from nvidia with the recent news

Im kind of staying clear from nvidia with the recent news

Like it or not; CUDA does absolutely dominate in the rendersphere. I sincerly wish OpenCL was more integrated - it isnt because it uses its own C like syntax, compared to CUDA which can be programmed in 6 already known languages (I looked into programming some stuff in openCL), and CUDA simply wins because it takes much less dev time.

That said I am not exactly a fan on NVIDIA with RAMGate, the nerfed double precision and such.

Like it or not; CUDA does absolutely dominate in the rendersphere. I sincerly wish OpenCL was more integrated - it isnt because it uses its own C like syntax, compared to CUDA which can be programmed in 6 already known languages (I looked into programming some stuff in openCL), and CUDA simply wins because it takes much less dev time.

That said I am not exactly a fan on NVIDIA with RAMGate, the nerfed double precision and such.

Well im basicly building like a starting pc for my first 2 year course which should not be too bad and i will earn some money and upgrade for the 4 year course