About That Tom Clancy Humble Bundle 9/1/15

First of all all those games in the bundle have Uplay DRM, I mean to say they're activated on Uplay and will be launched and played through the Uplay client only. 

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Why is it that I can't find the original Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six 3 listed in the Uplay Store after doing searches? If these games are available through Uplay, why doesn't their store search bring them up? Wouldn't that mean the only way to get these games through Uplay is through this bundle in the first place? I found the Original Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six 3 listed on Steam, but not the original Rainbow Six.

I'm confused to why you can't even find these classic games through the Uplay store, yet they're in the bundle. You look up Rainbow Six 3 or Ghost Recon, then the newer games and addons crowd the search results, you look through to see if it's buried, then you can't find it.  

I heard Win10 doesn't even let securom games work anymore. Haven't confirmed.

They're probably ghosts on their servers that can only be accessed through this.

I was thinking of how you can activate Batman Arkham Knight right now if you had a GTX coupon code, but if you wanted to purchase it right now through steam it would be a pre-order or you can't buy it at all.

refer yourself to tech news and reviews... it doesnt

The only reason i'd do this would be to support charity....

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

refer yourself to tech news and reviews... it doesnt

Which of the games in the bundle would not be compatible with Windows 10? Securom isn't just disc based DRM?

Nice! I always wanted to play a Tom Clancy game on PC. :)

Microsoft acknowledged it I do believe.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Which of the games in the bundle would not be compatible with Windows 10? Securom isn't just disc based DRM?

I'm not sure about the disc only part, but I know chaos theory uses securom

Maybe they removed it for digital version because of uplay drm. Look into it before buying.

Nice! I always wanted to play a Tom Clancy game on PC. :)

Microsoft acknowledged it I do believe.

You don't want to know how many hours I spent playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2... IMHO best FPS ever at the time. I bet they add it to the bundle.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

I almost paid a dollar then realised they activate through Uplay, I'd rather wipe my arse with my money than give it to Uplay.

I almost paid a dollar then realised they activate through Uplay, I'd rather wipe my arse with my money than give it to Uplay.

You can change who gets the money, give it all to charity or Humble.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

shit I was about to buy it but its on u play :(

I guess I'll wait for the steam sales then......

Even steam versions require uplay...

I think people exaggerate uplay a little bit more than necessary. It works just fine. It's not as community friendly as steam, but it does work.

Even steam versions require uplay...

I think people exaggerate uplay a little bit more than necessary. It works just fine. It's not as community friendly as steam, but it does work.

yea I don't know I have had problems with uplay...;.

yea I don't know I have had problems with uplay...;.

So have I. Blacklist was a nightmare. It loops into a patch download every time I start it. I had to download the patches manually and install each one. It was pretty annoying because it really should have been fixed by now.

But that's my worst experience to date. Everything else has been near flawless.

So have I. Blacklist was a nightmare. It loops into a patch download every time I start it. I had to download the patches manually and install each one. It was pretty annoying because it really should have been fixed by now.

But that's my worst experience to date. Everything else has been near flawless.

for me its just about every game so im a little tired of it

for me its just about every game so im a little tired of it

But steam versions of ubisoft games that only validate through uplay work, correct?

But steam versions of ubisoft games that only validate through uplay work, correct?

only some games.... but others I have to deal with customer service bs

only some games.... but others I have to deal with customer service bs

That's unfortunate. Ubisoft sure does make some fun games.

I only have FC3 Blood Dragon on Uplay. Since I just upgraded from a 6870 to a R9 380 last month I thought I'd revisit this game I never got around to playing 2 years ago. I got my copies of Bioshock Infinite and Blood Dragon through an AMD Never Settle bonus from a friends 7850 purchase for a build I did for him. I turned everything up except for AA which I left off, looked pretty good. It's like I can't use AA in any DX11 games without the frames dropping to 30 FPS. I wonder if it's some kinda CPU bottleneck and need to OC from 3.3 Ghz to 4.0+. I had much more modest settings a few years ago with FC3 BD, so this was still a 2x+ upgrade from a 6870.

I'd be getting this bundle for Blacklist because it's the only Splinter Cell game I don't have on PC. I damn near payed $30 for some Steam Sale bundle with all the Splinter Cell games 3 years ago. I haven't even tried playing any of those games to this day, yet if the bundle was on Steam I probably would've already taken the $10 one no questions asked. 

I may have experienced that Uplay patch bug with FC3 BD. I had to wait for some kinda update twice the same day. I understand a 250MB patch after not playing for years, but the second one was less than a MB and hung for no apparent reason the next time I launched it.

IDK about most games, but Ghost Recon launches through uplay. Even if you have it on steam.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay