OC CPU Temp Monitor

JDB4LFE

Ok, so I've looked around the forums quite a bit and found just a bunch of people recommending different programs. I've used several of them and have seen different results with each one. For my example, I'm only going to inclue the main 3 I would intend to use. HWinfo64, CPU Temp, and my motherboard's program ASRock eXtreme Tuner Utility. Now my main issue here is the difference in the CPU's temperature obviously. I see 2 main cpu temps listed on HWinfo. One is listed as CPU 0 (listed under processor sensors) and the other is just plain CPU (listed under motherboard sensors). I've read around and people say to use CPU 0 as my temp to watch, yet CPU Temp and the ASRock utility apparently use the MB sensor because they have the same reading as the sensor under MB on HWinfo. My CPU 0 readings never go over 54ci'sh under full load, whereas the reading i get from the MB sensor is reading a good 10c higher at 64c'ish. I know AMD's cpu's are only designed to withstand 60c or so. Which one whould i be best off reading from? system specs are listed in my sig.

AMD FX-8320, 8gb Team Vulcan 2400mhz CL11 ram, CoolerMaster Seidon 120XL AIO CPU Cooler (2x 120mm Thermaltake Smart Blue LED AF0026 2500rpm/97.5cfm fans), Sentey Abbadom II case (4x 120mm 1200rpm/42cfm case fans), 2TB WD green HDD, Samsung 840 Series 120gb SSD, Powercolor RadeonHD 7870xt Tahiti LE (1250mhz core/1500mhz memory), Thermaltake TR2 RX 850w PSU, ASRock 990fx Extreme3 mobo, Razer Lachesis gaming mouse, AZiO Levetron Mech5 Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Some of them will report back one core's temp, one will get all cores' temps and get the mean and report that back etc. By the sounds of what you've said, CPU 0 in HWinfo sounds like the best one to watch.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014