Insanely high 2098PPI OLED display from Sony

mgsstar

Make it transparent and build it into a contact lens and then maybe that PPI will matter.

How much is this gona set me back? Hopefully they hit the $10 mark. But seriously, I find this to be all good even though it's a bit excessive. More PPI innovation = PCs finally breaking out of that 1080p wall that has hindered us for so long. Timing seems right too... consumer grade graphics are almost ready for the upgrade too.

This is great for specialized purposes , but for the average consumer we wont be seeing this technology anytime soon. And besides a 4-5" smartphone with a display of this PPI will need at least a titan or 2 of GPU power to push all of those pixels.

I don't think that is accurate. It has the same amount of pixels that a 32" 720p monitor does. So if your graphics card runs your monitor at 720p, it can run that OLED display at 720p. 

Now if the 32" had the same PPI as the 0.7" display, that would cripple any GPU out there.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

Perhaps its meant for a device that would use the display to actually project the image onto a larger surface, such as a micro projector?

I meant a 5" screen with a PPI of 2098 would need all of that GPU to run it 

Intel I5 760 2.8 Ghz , Msi P55A-G55 , 16Gb (4x4) Patriot Black Mamba, PNY GTX 670 , 2 x OCZ Vertex 4 128 Gb SSD , 640Gb WD Caviar Black , 1.5Tb Hitachi HDD , Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White Case , Thermaltake 520W PS , CD/DVD Drive , Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus , 4 Corsair SP120 Fans , Saitek R.A.T.7 Gaming Mouse , Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Mechanical Keyboard 

I don't think that is accurate. It has the same amount of pixels that a 32" 720p monitor does. So if your graphics card runs your monitor at 720p, it can run that OLED display at 720p. 

Now if the 32" had the same PPI as the 0.7" display, that would cripple any GPU out there.

Intel I5 760 2.8 Ghz , Msi P55A-G55 , 16Gb (4x4) Patriot Black Mamba, PNY GTX 670 , 2 x OCZ Vertex 4 128 Gb SSD , 640Gb WD Caviar Black , 1.5Tb Hitachi HDD , Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White Case , Thermaltake 520W PS , CD/DVD Drive , Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus , 4 Corsair SP120 Fans , Saitek R.A.T.7 Gaming Mouse , Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Mechanical Keyboard 

Oh sorry I read that wrong...

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |