RzDeviceEngine - 100% CPU utilization at idle

I've run into a strange problem regarding Razer Synapse for Mac. Every once in a while, I'll turn on my computer and find that my CPU is sitting at around 63 degrees at idle. When I check activity monitor, it shows me that a process name called "RzDeviceEngine" is utilizing 100.0% (I've seen it jump to 130.0+%) of my CPU. I can't find out why this happens, normally the profiles for my Razer devices will load normally upon startup and I'll sit at around 38 degrees idle. The thing that confuses me is that even when my profiles load (in some cases up to 20 minutes after turning on my computer) my CPU utilization will STILL stay at 100% and temperatures remain unacceptably high. The problem continues even after restarting my computer as well as turning it off completely and back on again. Quitting or force closing the processes will result in them starting back up again immediately and do nothing to solve the problem. I'm running Yosemite 10.10 on my hackintosh and the latest version of Razer Synapse which is 1.42.6. Any ideas?