WHAT SSD SHOULD I GET HELLLPPPP!

ed4546
Go to solution Solved by comicsansms,

Right, do you have any suggestions as to what I should buy then for solid performance?

The HyperX Fury is about $10 more than the V300 and is a lot better!

I've been rocking a 1TB Toshiba 7200rpm Hardrive for nearly the past year as my Boot drive and steam library drive. But I would like to buy a 120GB or 240GB SSD (only 240GB if it's super cheap and fast) for my boot drive and maybe a couple of games like TF2 and Just Cause 2 and by the looks of things, the cheapest SSD on amazon is the Kingston V300 120GB one but I've seen a few forums saying they're bad? Please help me decide what to go with and remember I don't want to spend loads of money on it:/

The V300 are bad.

The were once good, but then Kingston changed the chips and now they are slow and bad!

The V300 is a scam!

A good Cheap SSD is the Kingston HyperX Fury, They are about $10 more expensive compared with the V300

BX100, MX100, 850 EVO.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The V300 are bad.

The were once good, but then Kingston changed the chips and now they are slow and bad!

The V300 is a scam!

Right, do you have any suggestions as to what I should buy then for solid performance?

The V300 are bad.

The V300 is a scam!

A good Cheap SSD is the Kingston HyperX Fury, They are about $10 more expensive compared with the V300

Ok thanks I'll look into it

The HyperX Fury is about $10 more than the V300 and is a lot better!

for that games you dont need much space, 120 is enough

Yeah I was just saying in case there was a super cheap, fast and reliable 240GB SSD so I could put more than a few games on it :)

BX100, MX100, 850 EVO.

There's the MX200 available now :/

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

There's the MX200 available now :/

it's overpriced tho. almost no improvement for a higher price.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I would for sure advice you to buy the 240gb HyperX Fury

When in doubt: C4

I would for sure advice you to buy the 240gb HyperX Fury

I think judging by everyone else's replies I think that is what I will buy :D

it's overpriced tho. almost no improvement for a higher price.

o rly

250GB MX200 = £71

256GB MX100 = £84

500GB MX200 = £135

512GB MX100 = £153

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

o rly

250GB MX200 = £71

256GB MX100 = £84

500GB MX200 = £135

500GB MX100 = £153

That's new. It used to be more expensive.

Spoiler

at mx200 price youd rather jsut get 850 evo.

5 year warranty and top notch speeds

Well considering I only have Sata 2 ports on my motherboard, I may as well just get a HyperX Fury SSD as the majority is saying get that.

Well considering I only have Sata 2 ports on my motherboard, I may as well just get a HyperX Fury SSD as the majority is saying get that.

true