Decent Free Editing Program for Win. 8.1?

theguynamedwill

Hello my Fellow TechTipers,

Good day, it's my utter joy to be posing yet another question to you amazing technical wizards to be answered  :D!

Alright, so, today I was wondering if I could possibly inquire as to if anyone here knows of, or, personally used, a decent, free editing program for Windows 8.1. I have a beefy custom rig. So, file size won't really matter and whatnot, I just really need something decent to edit some of my videos with, as of late.

I guess that I may just have to purchase an editing program, if there really are no good free solutions out there on the web nets.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated. 

God Bless, 

-Will. 

Thanks for reading! 

There isn't really any decent free software for video editing to be honest. If you want something relatively cheap, I recommend Sony Movie Studio. It's basically a cut down version of Sony Vegas.

Davinchi Resolve (has some paid options but I cant remember what is free and what isnt - I rarely use it for colour stuff)

Lives (Havent used in ages)

Lightworks (Havent used in ages)

Or if you want something super Ghetto and basic Windows Movie Maker.

Personally Id look for a cheapo copy of premiere elements/vegas pro/sony movie studio/premiere pro.

Personally I use Premiere Pro and After Effects mostly and occasionally Vegas Pro

Blender