What image/parts comes to Your mind when YOu hear the words 'Gaming PC' ?

Tech_Dreamer

LEDs... Lots and lots of LEDs

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

When I think of a gaming PC I think of something that will be used for games for about a month until the person using it resorts to posting too much on tech forums.

Oh yeah, chances are it's probably red and black.

^ I second that.

Every time I hear 'gaming pc' I picture a balsy gpu on the pc, shown off with the windowed panel along with some lighting inside. And maybe some fancy peripherals like lighted kb and gaming mouse.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

About 80% of all the cases available are just overly gawdy bling-fests with ridiculous amounts of unfiltered holes (which means dust).

That whole 'gaming PC' thing is something I wanted to avoid, so I ended up buying an Antec Three Hundred U3:

THREE-HUNDRED-U3-thumb.jpg

I think of a mid-tower case containing a decent CPU and dedicated GPU. Simple as that.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

RoG stuff, asus strx graphics card with big heat pipes, liquid cpu coolers or massive heat sinks

A gaming PC is what people consider "high performance", which varies from people to people.

You can convince a retard that a 760 cannot max all games at 1080p and isn't a high end gaming card but that dense fucker will still tell you its the best card ever and anything more is excessive thats why he bought it. Its not cause hes poor or makes lousy buying decisions or anything.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

I picture some ugly ass "gamer" case.

cscitmeshblackwidow_BigProductImage.jpg

Ugh.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

A gaming PC is what people consider "high performance", which varies from people to people.

You can convince a retard that a 760 cannot max all games at 1080p and isn't a high end gaming card but that dense fucker will still tell you its the best card ever and anything more is excessive thats why he bought it. Its not cause hes poor or makes lousy buying decisions or anything.

The 760 isn't a high end card and it can't max out all games at 1080p. Was that double negative sarcasm? Lol. I actually really like it, it's a great card that does 1 or 2 things better than the 960 believe it or not, but it is most decidedly mid range at best. My average is 1080p45, very high settings on the latest games.

I don't really think of performance when I think of gaming PCs, just a PC that's primary intent is gaming.

The 760 isn't a high end card and it can't max out all games at 1080p. Was that double negative sarcasm? Lol. I actually really like it, it's a great card that does 1 or 2 things better than the 960 believe it or not, but it is most decidedly mid range at best. My average is 1080p45, very high settings on the latest games.

I don't really think of performance when I think of gaming PCs, just a PC that's primary intent is gaming.

In retrospect my post was abit stupid and irrelevant, I think I just came off a post where some guy was bragging about his 760 being able to max out all games. Even I can admit facts like my 780 ti is a bad value card, and not as good as a 980 even. 760 is still a very viable card for price to performance. 

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

i7!

Some unbalanced build with a shitty psu inside a red and black case (spec 01) with lots of red leds

With a red V8 cooler.

loads of flashy ligths, overpriced and SHITTY SPECS! (the prebuilt side of things)

good performance per dollar, just a tad flashy and usualy more suited to the owner. (the self built side of things)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1. Red and black colour scheme
  2. Glossy plastic case with a gaudy angular design
  3. Enough LEDs to be seen from space
  4. One or more obscenely overpriced GPUs

or all that but with a 650/lower teir card. Oh, and it has to also have an i7

But if you say custom pc, then my idea would change completely ;)

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Graphics cards usually

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.