Is This The Best Possible Budget Build for $2700

Hey Guys,

I plan to do some light gaming and rendering so is this a decent build for $2700 Usd.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

CPU Cooler: Corsair hydro H80i GT

Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero LGA 1150 Intel Z97

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600

SSD: (x2) Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB (Raid0 and Boot Drive)

HDD: (x2) WD Black 3tb (in Raid1 and local storage)

GPU: (x2) Asus GeForce 980 Poseidon 4GB GDDR5 256 bit

PSU: Corsair HXi HX1000i 1000watt Certified Full Mod PSU

CASE: Corsair Caebide Series 500R Arctic White ATX Mid Tower

I woudn't call 2700$ USD a budget build.

and no

get 980ti's  NOT poseidon. unless you want watercooling

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

just get a single titan x instead of 2 980s 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Resolution and desired framerate? No reason to get 2 980s if a single Ti can accomplish what you're looking for.

Holy shit twice the value of my car is not a budget build. Where I'm moving there's HOUSES that cost that much.

#prespective

i don't think houses cost less than at least 50k(at least here) unless your talking about apartments?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Replace the 980s by Ti's. 

Holy shit twice the value of my car is not a budget build. Where I'm moving there's HOUSES that cost that much.

#prespective

Where the hell are you moving to? A house here is easily more than 200k

Resolution and desired framerate? No reason to get 2 980s if a single Ti can accomplish what you're looking for.

I'm running 3 Asus 1080p monitors don't know which ones yet but, it's more a racing setup and euro truck sim 2 setup. I prefer 60hz

CPU Cooler:  Switch to Corsair H100i GTX or H110i GTX
Mobo: I dunno, but I think you could do with something more sensible here, especially since your build is titled 'budget'
HDD: I'd actually spend a little more and get 2x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB Drives. Some people have a phobia of odd-capacity drives. That and I just trust HGST more.
GPU: Like others are saying, definitely go for 980Ti's, or a better value 980 if you don't plan on watercooling

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

if your case suports it youre better off getting a dual rad aio cooler instead of the h80i, only get the h80 if your case cant support it, or get yourself a noctua dh-15 much quieter and just as good if not better at cooling

and as has already been said better off getting 980ti than 980s

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

i don't think houses cost less than at least 50k(at least here) unless your talking about apartments?

Replace the 980s by Ti's. 

Where the hell are you moving to? A house here is easily more than 200k

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Flint_MI/price-na-3000

the choices are limited yes. and need some work. but a house thats structually strong, has electrical and plumbing, and just needs cosmetic fixes. you can get ready to move in houses for 10-15K. 

but to answer your question. the fucking ghetto where peoples budget builds are worth more than homes. keep in mind these are just the ones for sale. how many people own homes like these but wont ever sell them because its so little money?

the choices are limited yes. and need some work. but a house thats structually strong, has electrical and plumbing, and just needs cosmetic fixes. you can get ready to move in houses for 10-15K. 

but to answer your question. the fucking ghetto where peoples budget builds are worth more than homes. keep in mind these are just the ones for sale. how many people own homes like these but wont ever sell them because its so little money?

ok

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

That's crazy, I've never seen a house for sale here for that price. Not even for 15k

That's crazy, I've never seen a house for sale here for that price. Not even for 15k

thats because detroit is considered the most dangerous city in america, and in every single statistic besides carjackings flint is worse. its a sketchy as hell neigberhood, and it hasnt recovered since the housing collapse here. so houses are WAY undervalued, like some took a 10x hit in value. its freaking crazy. then the crime is so bad no one wants to move there.

then houses are so cheap people cant get loans. you cant get a house loan for 20-30k(a actual nice house there), yet no one still living in the ghetto neighborhoods can save up 30K. so that hurts the value even more as no one can buy them. its a harsh cycle. a 50K house is a million times easier to buy then a 25K house. 

Hey Guys,

I plan to do some light gaming and rendering so is this a decent build for $2700 Usd.

A better cpu cooler would be good.

SSD in RAID 0 is not really a good idea for a system drive. Same or better performance can usually be realized using a larger drive.

WD Red are designed for use in RAID arrays. They are a better choice than Blacks for this use.

Given the budget I would suggest an i7-5820K for its better performance in editing and rendering. A 4-lane M.2 ssd will provide up to four times the performance of a SATA III ssd. A single Titan X will provide much better acceleration in editing (depending on software).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($378.99 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($114.99 @ B&H)

Motherboard: Asus X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ B&H)

Memory: G.Skill Value 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($104.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung SM951 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($372.99 @ Mac Mall)

Storage: Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($109.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($109.99 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB HYBRID Video Card  ($1038.13 @ Amazon)

Case: Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA 1050W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($121.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $2702.04

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-27 18:51 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

A better cpu cooler would be good. SSD in RAID 0 is not really a good idea for a system drive. Same or better performance can usually be realized using a larger drive. WD Red are designed for use in RAID arrays. They are a better choice than Blacks for this use. Given the budget I would suggest an i7-5820K for its better performance in editing and rendering. A 4-lane M.2 ssd will provide up to four times the performance of a SATA III ssd. A single Titan X will provide much better acceleration in editing (depending on software). PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchantCPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($378.99 @ SuperBiiz)CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($114.99 @ B&H)Motherboard: Asus X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ B&H)Memory: G.Skill Value 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($104.99 @ Newegg)Storage: Samsung SM951 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($372.99 @ Mac Mall)Storage: Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($109.99 @ NCIX US)Storage: Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($109.99 @ NCIX US)Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB HYBRID Video Card  ($1038.13 @ Amazon)Case: Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ Newegg)Power Supply: EVGA 1050W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($121.99 @ NCIX US)Total: $2702.04Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-27 18:51 EDT-0400

I want to stay with Haswell and have no need for upgrading. It's really for video rendering like small video production, nothing major that even a FX-8320 could even handle.

Hey Guys,

• the 4790k is great for rendering videos. the 5820k and 5930k would be better
  • the h80i gt is fine, but i would get a noctua nh-d14 or a corsair h100i gtx instead
  • your motherboard is pretty expensive
  • x2 980's is better than a single 980 ti, but since you have a high budget, i would get x2 980 ti's instead. you can easily fit x2 980 ti's in this build by sacking something else
  • if you want an even better ssd, get the sandisk extreme pro series

BigDay

I want to stay with Haswell and have no need for upgrading. It's really for video rendering like small video production, nothing major that even a FX-8320 could even handle.

If you really want to stick with 4 cores, at least go with Skylake. The performance difference between it an Haswell is significant when it comes to video production. No point in going with older tech when the cost differential is relatively small and quite within budget.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

• the 4790k is great for rendering videos. the 5820k and 5930k would be better
  • the h80i gt is fine, but i would get a noctua nh-d14 or a corsair h100i gtx instead
  • your motherboard is pretty expensive
  • x2 980's is better than a single 980 ti, but since you have a high budget, i would get x2 980 ti's instead. you can easily fit x2 980 ti's in this build by sacking something else
  • if you want an even better ssd, get the sandisk extreme pro series

But it's just light rendering with Sony Vegas. Nothing bigger than 720 or 1080