CAD issues with windows 10 PRO

ultimategamernerd
Go to solution Solved by johnkubik,

I know you probably did this already, but check to ensure your cad software is up to date. (gfx as well).

Male sure your hardware acceleration is enable within cad. There is a command that brings up performance settings. Google that command for your ver of cad and make sure to follow up with checking how to optimize cad (should be the same link with the command).

If it is trying to use the integrated graphics log into your bios and disable the integrated graphics. You can also make it force gpus in the nvidia drivers. Google: force gpu nvidia.

I use Design-spark Mechanical 2.0 as my free CAD software of choice, and although i have a GTX 980, the cpu appears to be chugging pretty hard to keep up with even simple models. I was wondering if any of you know how to switch the preferred GPU for each program in Windows 10 PRO.

I know that you used to be able to right click, "run with graphics processor"...but that no longer appears to be the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

What CPU?

EDIT: Oh.

I just realized, my rig on my profile is outdated. ill change that in a second, but for now:

-i7 4790k

-16gb of hyperX fury @1600

-asus z97-a usb 3.1

-evga gtx 980 ssc

-evga B2 750w

-dark rock 3 cpu cooler

-adata sx900 128gb

-seagate barracuda 1tb

(sorry about that) 

I just realized, my rig on my profile is outdated. ill change that in a second, but for now:

-i7 4790k

-16gb of hyperX fury @1600

-asus z97-a usb 3.1

-evga gtx 980 ssc

-evga B2 750w

-dark rock 3 cpu cooler

-adata sx900 128gb

-seagate barracuda 1tb

(sorry about that) 

How overclocked is your CPU?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

How overclocked is your CPU?

Everything is currently running stock, so that'd be 4ghz (i think, could be wrong)  

I know you probably did this already, but check to ensure your cad software is up to date. (gfx as well).

Male sure your hardware acceleration is enable within cad. There is a command that brings up performance settings. Google that command for your ver of cad and make sure to follow up with checking how to optimize cad (should be the same link with the command).

If it is trying to use the integrated graphics log into your bios and disable the integrated graphics. You can also make it force gpus in the nvidia drivers. Google: force gpu nvidia.

that sounds like a good plan. thanks so much for the help man :)