1LoBAZ.jpg

b984Jz.jpg

6vB6oz.jpg

jZwzpJ.jpg

XwVdnB.jpg

k95wCf.jpg

PyJ85v.jpg

Thanks for following along! biggrin.png

Current Project:  The Gunslinger - CM MasterCase5, Crimson King - CM MasterCase5, Twelve-80 - scratch build

Past Projects: SparkF3,  ShinaiScoutGiganteaRehab

Or catch me on social media: Insolent Gnome on the facepage or @Insolent_Gnome on the tweets or check out my InsolentMods website!

WOW! This came together very very well.One of the "more beautiful" builds I've seen. :P

Great work! ;)

I think it needs SLI to look even better  :o 

WOW! This came together very very well.One of the "more beautiful" builds I've seen. :P

Great work! ;)

I think it needs SLI to look even better  :o 

Thanks!

Current Project:  The Gunslinger - CM MasterCase5, Crimson King - CM MasterCase5, Twelve-80 - scratch build

Or catch me on social media: Insolent Gnome on the facepage or @Insolent_Gnome on the tweets or check out my InsolentMods website!

Wow man, looks absolutely amazing! Def one of the best builds I've ever seen. Did the aurora settle out of the liquid though? It looks clear in the tubes and really dark in the res. I'm sure its one of those things that looks better in person, hard to photograph, etc. And are those gosumodz cable combs? They looks really nice on the grey cables.

Wow man, looks absolutely amazing! Def one of the best builds I've ever seen. Did the aurora settle out of the liquid though? It looks clear in the tubes and really dark in the res. I'm sure its one of those things that looks better in person, hard to photograph, etc. And are those gosumodz cable combs? They looks really nice on the grey cables.

Thanks!  Yeah, the Aurora didn't work out so well.  I'm not sure if it's how the res is set up or what, but it never really showed well in the tubes, and the pics didn't really capture it well. Maybe it's because it's so dark???  Going to be replacing it with X1 here pretty soon.  And yep, Gosumodz combs.  The red really pops on the grey.

Here's a better pic of the Aurora

dnEqv6.jpg

I know I sound like a broken record. But the bamboo wrap is killing this otherwise perfect build.

• 4 weeks later...

Tiny update on Shinai.  

Featured as Maximum PC's Rig of the Month!  Very excited about that.  http://www.maximumpc.com/rig-of-the-month-shinai/

Still figuring out that damned glitter panel...not excited about that.  LOL

Tiny update on Shinai.  

Featured as Maximum PC's Rig of the Month!  Very excited about that.  http://www.maximumpc.com/rig-of-the-month-shinai/

Still figuring out that damned glitter panel...not excited about that.  LOL

Yeah nice, also in Forbes 'top PC's of the year' or some such article. Grats Gnome!

Yeah nice, also in Forbes 'top PC's of the year' or some such article. Grats Gnome!

Thanks!  Felt a little out of place in that Forbes group.  Antony picked some killer cases.

So after getting the final pics done and offering Shinai to the world to judge, I'm finally getting that damned panel I spent so much time on done.  You know what they say, sixth times a charm.  And in reality it isn't technically even done.  I still have to cut it to fit and not mess it up, but at least this time, the panel is worth trying to fit.  So here it is

Starting off with a piece of 1/8" acrylic as the base of my mold.

Vyeq8n.jpg

Fingerprints are a no-no.  This panel will pick up every detail exactly from the panel so gloves are a must.

jToaKQ.jpg

Making the edges of the mold.  Very exciting.  Hot glue and plastic.

0g0ct0.jpg

After the edges were all on, I mixed up some resin and metal flake and poured it in.  The stuff takes a day to be solid enough to demold and at least 3 days to cure enough to not fold over on itself.  I'm giving it at least 4 or 5 because thinner pours can take even longer.  But after a day, it's pretty much in it's final state and I just have to make sure it stays flat.

a0NahY.jpg

That last picture is sort of underwhelming.  I'd take a cooler shot, but I'm scared of moving the thing and ruining it after six previous tries.  Lol.  But I did grab a little vid of the flake 'in action'.

It's very subtle and I'll definitely get some better pics when I can pull this thing apart and get it fitted to the case.

I think this might be that last media coup for Shinai, since I'm getting owned on BT for Mod of the Month.  But I'll take definitely take this one!

Mad Reader Mod in CPU Magazine

http://www.computerp.../mad-reader-mod

And the side panel is finished.  It's finally done and it came out pretty well.  Very subtle and it has a very slight cloudiness compared to acrylic, but you only really notice the cloudiness with the lighting on.  And I present the final pics and vid of this project:

S0Ilcf.jpg

raRty4.jpg

fDn3I6.jpg

Q0gbEB.jpg

eWBslL.jpg

Thanks for following along everyone!