Which 980 ti is the best?

martiman000

So Im buying a 980 ti soon, like tomorrow soon and I have been researching like crazy which brand has the best cards, best pcb desing, if custom pcb even matters and so on. My top 3 cards that are withing my current budget are, the Evga gtx 980 ti sc (with that sexy back plate)

Gigabyte gtx 980 ti g1 gaming

Asus gtx 980 ti strix

I've been leaning more for the g1 gaming, but the asus is supposed to be better built but evga has thee best costumer service of the 3. And I an to watercool them. So so far only the evga and the asus cards have ek water blocks and the g1 gaming g is "coming soon" but no dates have been disclosed. The card is for gaming on demanding games, my rig has a i7 4790k on an asus z97 maximus vii formula being powered by an evga supernova p2 1000w

EVGA

it is the best for NVIDIA products

(my opinion)

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

EVGA - no competition

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

If it was out when I was in the market for one, I would have bought the Galax HOF model. I have the G1 currently. If you are going to water cool it really doesn't matter.

G1 is better for overclocking.

You can consider that.

Or 

EVGA is better too.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

But the evga sc, is not a custom pcb to the best of my knowledge, and I don't know if the 8pin and 6pin power delivery system is going to allow me to overclock it to say the level of the g1 gaming that has a custom pcb and 2 8pin connectors

So Im buying a 980 ti soon, like tomorrow soon and I have been researching like crazy which brand has the best cards, best pcb desing, if custom pcb even matters and so on. My top 3 cards that are withing my current budget are, the Evga gtx 980 ti sc (with that sexy back plate)

Gigabyte gtx 980 ti g1 gaming

Asus gtx 980 ti strix

I've been leaning more for the g1 gaming, but the asus is supposed to be better built but evga has thee best costumer service of the 3. And I an to watercool them. So so far only the evga and the asus cards have ek water blocks and the g1 gaming g is "coming soon" but no dates have been disclosed. The card is for gaming on demanding games, my rig has a i7 4790k on an asus z97 maximus vii formula being powered by an evga supernova p2 1000w

MSI no competition in quiet, cool and fast hardware, EVGA close second though

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

But the evga sc, is not a custom pcb to the best of my knowledge, and I don't know if the 8pin and 6pin power delivery system is going to allow me to overclock it to say the level of the g1 gaming that has a custom pcb and 2 8pin connectors

EVGA have the best customer support out of all hardware manufacturers

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

EVGA gigabyte or MSI

I got the MSI 970 cuz color theme.

Don't get a Strix card. EVER. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERRR.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

From all the articles I have seen and all the reviews I have seen, the msi gaming 6g is better then the evga sc, but the gigabyte g1, asus 980 tis trix and even evga classified beat the msi card in temps, and clock speeds and performance

EVGA gigabyte or MSI

I got the MSI 970 cuz color theme.

Don't get a Strix card. EVER. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERRR.

Why?

From all the articles I have seen and all the reviews I have seen, the msi gaming 6g is better then the evga sc, but the gigabyte g1, asus 980 tis trix and even evga classified beat the msi card in temps, and clock speeds and performance

Temps are not everything :P

Why?

They're known to be inferior.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

they are all within a few % of each other in performance and the main deciding factor as to which one will perform the best is the silicon lottery not the actual model you chose. Choose one that you prefer with the most customization / looks best / warranty (however you weight these individually), or if you dont live in the US and prices vary widely(+$50 or more)  between each custom card choose the cheapest of them.

CPU i7 4770k (4.5ghz OC) | CPU Cooler Swiftech H220-x | GPU 980ti G1 Gaming (1562 mhz) | Mobo EVGA z87 Stinger | RAM 16gb Kingston HyperX Beast 1866mhz | PSU EVGA 850w B-2 | Storage Seagate 2tb hdd 7200rpm(main storage) & Samsung 840 EVO 250gb (boot drive) | Case Corsair 250D

EVGA or MSI for GPU. Always.

However in this case I have a good feeling about the zotac amp! extreme. I don't have it but I do think it has potential.

EVGA K1NGP1N is the best.

Why? Because you didn't said your budget. 

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

They're known to be inferior.

In this case, the Gigabyte 980Ti is inferior too, people are still recommending it.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

There's still the MSI lightning edition that will come out probably within a month. I'm waiting to see reviews on how that will benchmark, but the pricing will be like the Kingpin.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's coming out within the week. http://videocardz.com/57482/msi-geforce-gtx-980-ti-lightning-detailed

Seeing benchmarks between Lightning and Kingpin will be fun, though this article says 1774 memory clock compared to Kingpin's 7010?

MSI Lightning, EVGA KingPin or G1 Gaming 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro