390 vs GTX 970

Tjomme

What if power usage was not a problem (I have 1000W)

Should I go 390 or GTX 970? In a year I'm adding another 1.

Fixed, I don't have to cancel my order :P

Pictures of the full build coming soon!

Hint: Skylake

My first gaming PC :D

"Just go Android (Glorious Android Masterrace)"

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB

PC "SkyT": Radeon 390, i5 6600K, NZXT H440 Razer 

I mean, the DX12 benchmarks look kind of good. I would go for 390, preforms near a 980.

Great to hear xD

Because I just ordered a 390... Did not want to cancel it.

"Just go Android (Glorious Android Masterrace)"

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB

PC "SkyT": Radeon 390, i5 6600K, NZXT H440 Razer 

even if the DX12 thing turns out to be bogus 8GB of vram :)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Moved to Graphics Cards. Please try to post in the correct location in future.

HTTP/2 203

If you can wait a little bit - wait for the Nano from the red team. If it's good - great, you have a new GPU, if it's bad - you could get a 390 with a price cut or 970( I think, that nVidia will lower it's price also because of Nano).

I mean, the DX12 benchmarks look kind of good. I would go for 390, preforms near a 980. (According to the benchmarks, which may not tell the story for all games)

Yeah good to see very limited and early results sway a person's decision :)

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

SHOTS FIRED!

And that isn't the only reason to go with a 390. Extra VRAM, and slightly edging out in benchmarks.

Lol I just would like to inform op that it is still early on to give assumptions. And yes as with any card there is more than one reason to get it captain obvious. But benchmark wise they both tradeblows at 1080p so its safe to say they perform the same. Even with higher resolutions Jayztwocents showed they perform extremely similarly with exceptions of course.

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Fanboy?

Informing others of research and the truth is being a fanboy? Damn then call me that if that's what you really think!

No, the 390 is simply superior as a whole, unless you rely on features like Shadowplay.

You can check Jayztwocents benchmark yourself. The 390 nitro vs the EVGA SSC. You won't see that in his benchmark. They are the same performance wise.

even if the DX12 thing turns out to be bogus 8GB of vram :)

This. I own a 390x and I love it

SHOTS FIRED!

And that isn't the only reason to go with a 390. Extra VRAM, and slightly edging out in benchmarks.

Extra VRAM only comes in when crossfiring. Otherwise, the 390/x won't be able to utilize the amount of VRAM bc it's just not powerful enough. Also a 290/x would be a better deal. Grab one with 8GB if you really want that extra VRAM, and you save $$ and get similar performance. Note that the Hawaii architecture still has very little room to overclock.

Extra VRAM only comes in when crossfiring. Otherwise, the 390/x won't be able to utilize the amount of VRAM bc it's just not powerful enough. Also a 290/x would be a better deal. Grab one with 8GB if you really want that extra VRAM, and you save $$ and get similar performance. Note that the Hawaii architecture still has very little room to overclock.

Right now the 290x prices went way up from the 260 they usedto be to 310 which is what a 390 costs

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.