Best portable speaker/headphone overall

Not a Black
Go to solution Solved by KaminKevCrew,

Since it seems like you want something with style, I guess something like the the Sennheiser Momentum 1.0/2.0 or Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros/Plus would be something you should consider.

I'd say the momentum 1/2 would be best if OP will also be doing classical. I suspect that the custom one series would be a little too heavy on the bass for good classical performance. (although I do love chello/standing bass, so I actually prefer slightly more bass than normal for my classical.)

Hello, I'm trying to get a good portable speaker /headphone for POP and CLASSIC. I never listen to rock music.

My price limit is about $400~500

My family own few Bang&Olufsen and I noticed that it's more for classic than pop music. Ps, not sure if it's sound and durability is good compare to the price of it.

I do own a Beats pill but not satisfied with it's color (red/black) and sound quality (bass doesn't go low enough). I want a headphone/portable speaker that I'll go "WOW" as soon as i listen to pop or classic music.

I'm not sure if I should get a headphone or a portable speaker. Just give me your simple opinion on should I get portable or headphone. I am not going to go hike or do harsh thing with $300~500 portable speaker, I like it better over big speakers since I'm living in apartment and I don't want to make it too loud and vibrate entire apartment.

These are my interest list :

Bang&Olufsen Beoplay A2 http://www.beoplay.com/products/beoplaya2?_ga=1.157964537.291330203.1413523548

Bang&Olufsen Beoplay H6 http://www.beoplay.com/Products/BeoplayH6?_ga=1.157964537.291330203.1413523548

THANK YOU :D

Headphones in that price range will have far better quality than a portable speaker.

By portable, do you plan to be walking around while listening to music, or just when you arrive at your destination?

Headphones in that price range will have far better quality than a portable speaker.

By portable, do you plan to be walking around while listening to music, or just when you arrive at your destination?

Both.

Since it seems like you want something with style, I guess something like the the Sennheiser Momentum 1.0/2.0 or Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros/Plus would be something you should consider.

I'd say the momentum 1/2 would be best if OP will also be doing classical. I suspect that the custom one series would be a little too heavy on the bass for good classical performance. (although I do love chello/standing bass, so I actually prefer slightly more bass than normal for my classical.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Oppo PM3, NAD viso HP50 and momentum are your options for portable headphone

*good portable. There are plenty of bad options :)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs (based on its current price). Nah, just kidding, its kind of too bulky to be portable at all.

If you have small-enough ears, maybe the Focal Spirit Pro or Classic would be good for you. If not, then Oppo PM-3 like what xtroria said.

Random person here...

MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs (based on its current price). Nah, just kidding, its kind of too bulky to be portable at all.

If you have small-enough ears, maybe the Focal Spirit Pro or Classic would be good for you. If not, then Oppo PM-3 like what xtroria said.

The focal headphones have build quality that is as bad as, if not worse than beats. I would not recommend those.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

The focal headphones have build quality that is as bad as, if not worse than beats. I would not recommend those.

Hate to say it, but yeah... the build quality is bad. 

Random person here...