AMD's amazingly tiny and powerful Project Quantum dissected!

Justifying my post by saying exactly this "That's 100% illogical" true, it is illogical which is why they didn't use one of their own inferior chips ;)

#stokingtheflames

Hmm? That doesn't justify your post in the slightest. Your post was saying AMD was "admitting defeat" - whatever the hell that means. No - it means they weren't being dumbasses. If they had admitted defeat, they wouldn't be spending hundreds of Millions of US Dollars creating ZEN.

#extinguished

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Yep, and unfortunately never really went past that. The APU's make decent i3 analogs though. And we can always hope for more from Zen.

What did you expect though. Intel released a new cpu every 12 months or so. Hopefully zen is comparable to the intel 7000 series

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Wait

They're using a Speakon to provide power?

That's not something you see everyday. Cool.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

hmm interesting! for me is just a gorgeous crazy pc case. Mac's have intel and amd parts in it, people shold not bitch the amd fanboys for this. I honestly dont care is from amd. lian li or whatever. It's just a cool case. I wonder if they can work it up more in to the future and se a 32cores in there.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

hmm interesting! for me is just a gorgeous crazy pc case. Mac's have intel and amd parts in it, people shold not bitch the amd fanboys for this. I honestly dont care is from amd. lian li or whatever. It's just a cool case. I wonder if they can work it up more in to the future and se a 32cores in there.

Hypothetically they could stick whatever CPU they wanted in the case, and it would still function well - the watercooling looks like it was designed extremely well. But, AMD is going to find the Quantum PC niche enough as a gaming PC. As a high core compact workstation/rendering rig, it would find itself as an even more niche product.

With that in mind, if it ever becomes an actual product, we might see custom configuration as an option (Think buying something from the Apple or Dell website).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Hypothetically they could stick whatever CPU they wanted in the case, and it would still function well - the watercooling looks like it was designed extremely well. But, AMD is going to find the Quantum PC niche enough as a gaming PC. As a high core compact workstation/rendering rig, it would find itself as an even more niche product.

With that in mind, if it ever becomes an actual product, we might see custom configuration as an option (Think buying something from the Apple or Dell website).

inb4

hOOmeM.png

inb4

hOOmeM.png

That hurts my eyes looking at it - but I could most definitely see Alienware making a PC like that.