650W or 550W?

Sycro
Go to solution Solved by R3DOPS,

pc parts picker will automatically pick the best range for most parts. like to example its impossible to choose an 80W power supply and place it in the list with that parts you have. The one you have is good. Power supplys are overlooked vary often here is a video you can watch about them if you want to learn more. 

I'm not sure about how much W I need for this build. I plan to oc the CPU. I was going for a 550W PSU but being a first time builder I'm not sure if that's enough (or too much for that matter) so I could use some insight. Here's the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WZ47jX

You'd be fine with 550w. Unless you plan on putting another gpu in i don't see a reason for going higher.

pc parts picker will automatically pick the best range for most parts. like to example its impossible to choose an 80W power supply and place it in the list with that parts you have. The one you have is good. Power supplys are overlooked vary often here is a video you can watch about them if you want to learn more. 

a decent 450w psu would do it too.

You'd be fine with 550w. Unless you plan on putting another gpu in i don't see a reason for going higher.

Alright guys, thanks a bunch! :D

A decent 500w would already be plenty.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That XFX is decent you'll have to spend quite a bit more to get something better if you wanted modular and gold rating The EVGA GS series are nice.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

I'm not sure about how much W I need for this build. I plan to oc the CPU. I was going for a 550W PSU but being a first time builder I'm not sure if that's enough (or too much for that matter) so I could use some insight. Here's the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WZ47jX

That XFX is good so go with it

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||