Which VPN to use?

johnmhigh

HI,

Im wanting to try a VPN so i can watch all the US stuff (im in UK) and apparently virgin media, my ISP, throttles your connection and VPNs help with that.

So whats everybody recommend? I heard you can install some VPNs straight onto your router for the firewall benefits? I have a Netgear N600 dual band, 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

I have my ISPs all in one box set to just internet and then my N600 as the WIFI and wired router if that matters and its a 60MB connection.

As you've probably noticed networking is not my thing, if ive missed any relevant information out let me know.

Thanks in advance!

tunnelbear is free

you get 1.5 gigs per month

if you tweet them

its free also :D

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

The joys of virgin, here in the UK myself an there throttling is terrible.

Ended up going down a totally different root for US & Worldwide viewing, but best not spoke about here.

I have used tunnlebear before and it does work, but VPN Speeds were not the best, for continuous viewing.

It depends how much you want to pay per month, there are numerous options.

It really depends what you what, do you want to pay some money every so often for a maybe faster internet speed VPN or do you want a free but slow VPN?